My heart goes out

Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My heart goes out

Originally Posted by Arcadia
MH is right..Gas and glue sniffing is, and has always been rife amongst the kids here in the UAE. It's easy available at any corner shop and doesnt have age restrictions like the UK.

I caught my son who is now 22 yrs old but lived here from being 10 years old, inhaling airfreshener for gods sake, when he lived here..most of the kids were doing it. Kids from the British school etc. They still have a place on the corniche were they go every weekend with stolen booze from their parents drinks cabinets or 1 of the older ones goes to a Liquor store and buys it for them..this store NEVER asks for any liecence or ID.

Theres also an apartment here in Khaladia that gets rented by the hour to teens having weekend parties, with gas, glue and alcohol.

The new thing doing the rounds is ''getting the girls drunk, lifting up thier skirts or wait until they are getting down to the nitty gritty with some local boy , then they sneak in and take photo's and distribute them all to everyones mobiles.

Like MH I have raised 2 Teenagers here, and seen what goes on...It's not good.
Ive been here since i was 13, seen and done it all and things arent actually as bad as they used to be in some ways, i tend to end up at some of these parties still with the younger ones just through association with younger musicians in the local music scene and a lot of them seem to have gotten more sensible than we used to be... I did however end up at one party quite recently which i left abruptly when i was told that a group of the young egyptian/syrian guys (how they ended up there ill never know) were taking turns shagging each other in the toilet... that was definatley a new experience for me... when i was in my teens the guys tended to shag the girls and vice versa... but hey each to thier own...

one thing i have noticed though is that a lot of the time these kids really do listen to the older people when they tell them that theyre crossing the line and to cut the shit... have been in that situation where ive stepped in to stop a fight etc or actually grabbed some little prick by the back of the shirt, marched him outside and told him to f**k off home... and dont exactly look my age haha...

so i guess some things change and some dont...
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

and btw this IS NOT me taking the piss because i feel for this boy thats died its very sad but i hate it when editors dont pick up on things like this... why would a quote like this be included in such a story? muppet...

“[He] was the life of all the parties and there are no words to describe how much we are all going to miss him.”

Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:32 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
I couldn't agree more.

As a non smoker you don't stand a chance in pubs in Dubai.
Most of the bars in the newer hotels are smoke free... so a wide choice.