My heart goes out

Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:01 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My heart goes out

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh hell, i hadn't realised those girls were doing the butane thing...did think it strange that there was a gas explosion, but people were saying the gas bottle companies sometimes drill the bottles so the gas needs to be filled up more often than it should, so just presumed it was that...the photos of that girl were horrendous...

MM, xx
well, it's what the kids are saying has happened...no idea if it's true or not, and if it is, if it ever gets reported.
In the article about the boy there isn't any mention whatsoever about what the cause could have been...
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:05 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arcadia
MH is right..Gas and glue sniffing is, and has always been rife amongst the kids here in the UAE. It's easy available at any corner shop and doesnt have age restrictions like the UK.

I caught my son who is now 22 yrs old but lived here from being 10 years old, inhaling airfreshener for gods sake, when he lived here..most of the kids were doing it. Kids from the British school etc. They still have a place on the corniche were they go every weekend with stolen booze from their parents drinks cabinets or 1 of the older ones goes to a Liquor store and buys it for them..this store NEVER asks for any liecence or ID.

Theres also an apartment here in Khaladia that gets rented by the hour to teens having weekend parties, with gas, glue and alcohol.

The new thing doing the rounds is ''getting the girls drunk, lifting up thier skirts or wait until they are getting down to the nitty gritty with some local boy , then they sneak in and take photo's and distribute them all to everyones mobiles.

Like MH I have raised 2 Teenagers here, and seen what goes on...It's not good.
yeah, no matter where you are in the world, kids will always experiment and if they don't have access to 'regular' drugs, they will find something else...
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:14 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

There is a blessing in Chinese: "Grandfather dies, father dies, son dies." It's a blessing because that's the natural order of things, anything else is a tragedy. I can't even begin to understand how awful it must be for his parents and family.

Kids always do stupid stuff under peer pressure, no matter how well adjusted and intelligent, sporty or not. Sniffing Right Guard through a handkerchief was big one term when I was at school so this cheap high is nothing new. Telling kids it might kill them just makes it more attractive to some. Hopefully, there are now a few hundred teenagers in Dubai who will never do this again, and stop anyone else they see doing it.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:25 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Well that is a shocking conclusion to both events.
If these things are happening and not been addressed i.e reported then will they continue?
I know the way in the west is to report it to help highlight it and hope this shocks others in to not trying/continuing with it. But is there any evidence this actually happens?
Over here it is the way not to report it for a number of reasons. I think one is to protect the family name, which is good as strong family ties are key here.

So very sad for all concerned.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh ok, I am glad that I am not the only one with this info...and I doubt that we are in touch with the same people on this...
it's something that is happening here in Dubai, my son was in school with the girl that got more or less blown up 2 weeks ago...pics on the front page of 7 days made you sick...
I know two teenage boys who were at the party Thursday night (they came to borrow fancy dress before they went) and it was inhaling butane that killed him apparently. Really sad. My thoughts are also with his family.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:31 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arcadia
MH is right..Gas and glue sniffing is, and has always been rife amongst the kids here in the UAE. It's easy available at any corner shop and doesnt have age restrictions like the UK.

I caught my son who is now 22 yrs old but lived here from being 10 years old, inhaling airfreshener for gods sake, when he lived here..most of the kids were doing it. Kids from the British school etc. They still have a place on the corniche were they go every weekend with stolen booze from their parents drinks cabinets or 1 of the older ones goes to a Liquor store and buys it for them..this store NEVER asks for any liecence or ID.

Theres also an apartment here in Khaladia that gets rented by the hour to teens having weekend parties, with gas, glue and alcohol.

The new thing doing the rounds is ''getting the girls drunk, lifting up thier skirts or wait until they are getting down to the nitty gritty with some local boy , then they sneak in and take photo's and distribute them all to everyones mobiles.

Like MH I have raised 2 Teenagers here, and seen what goes on...It's not good.
More reasons to add to my list of reasons why I don't want my son in this country when he becomes a teenager.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:33 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
More reasons to add to my list of reasons why I don't want my son in this country when he becomes a teenager.
I'd be really interested to hear what country is safe for teenagers?
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, no matter where you are in the world, kids will always experiment and if they don't have access to 'regular' drugs, they will find something else...
yes agree, and with the drinking age here being 21 and therefore difficult although not impossible to get into a bar, they will find something else to play around with
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

There prob isnt, one. I do however believe that teenagers get very bored here, its not the best place to raise teenagers, in my exp
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

You are right Norm, I am glad my son will be out of here shortly, will miss him dreadfully but this is not a good env for teenagers. He is also eager to go now, he does say he will miss some things, but at the same time, he is bored out of his mind
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:49 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I know two teenage boys who were at the party Thursday night (they came to borrow fancy dress before they went) and it was inhaling butane that killed him apparently. Really sad. My thoughts are also with his family.
I'm very sorry but I was 15 once and despite my many faults and flaws I never touched any drugs except the occassional spliff.

Anyone who is stupid enough to inhale butane and ends up dying is really just getting what is coming to them...what kind of parents raise their children stupid enough to do that?

N.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:00 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very sorry but I was 15 once and despite my many faults and flaws I never touched any drugs except the occassional spliff.

Anyone who is stupid enough to inhale butane and ends up dying is really just getting what is coming to them...what kind of parents raise their children stupid enough to do that?

N.
Not everyone was a goody-two shoes like you Norm.

Teenagers suffer from the classic case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" and can rationalise a lot of stupid stuff. But then so do we adults - I know a lot of people here who drink way too much, several of whom will drive their car after drinking ("it's only a short journey..."), and who can seriously try and logically defend smoking cigarettes?
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ctfc
Not everyone was a goody-two shoes like you Norm.

Teenagers suffer from the classic case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" and can rationalise a lot of stupid stuff. But then so do we adults - I know a lot of people here who drink way too much, several of whom will drive their car after drinking ("it's only a short journey..."), and who can seriously try and logically defend smoking cigarettes?

Today's teenagers are quite savvy trust me, far more than we were, even if they are in the UAE, where supposedly drugs etc are not available

Glue sniffing was very out there in the late 80's, just another phase/fad that has come around again.

I had a chat with my lad after reading this thread and he said there are lots of kids doing it at his school, as well as doing drugs. I asked him what does he think, his response and he is not a goody 2 shoe, is, who would put that shit in their body. I really firmly believe you have to teach/coach your kids to have their own mind, not follow crowds and not succumb to peer pressure, which I believe is the crux of the matter.

This could have been this kids first time trying it, who knows, sad loss of a young life.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:29 am

None...but when relatively harmless drugs like weed are subject to draconian laws and punishment, booze is not available legally until 21 and the general culture is one of repression and censorship it can lead to kids doing really stupid things like sniffing the gas cooker.

I'd rather my lad has a few beers and a spliff to see what all the fuss is about that ends up dead from butane inhalation.

In any case I don't want him in this unrealistic environment of house maids, poor manners and ostentatious materialism.

N.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

In any case I don't want him in this unrealistic environment of house maids, poor manners and ostentatious materialism.

N.
Agreed, never had a full time house maid, never gave into, but my friends have it etc etc. Tough love...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.