My First Marathon

Old May 3rd 2016, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My First Marathon

I watched a guy last night on you-tube. He trained for 4 months, ran 600km in that time... it took him 9 hours, and he lost 5Kg during the race.

I've trained for about 5 months, ran about 200km (and around 10km vertically!).
I have actually gained around 5Kg during training, mostly in leg, core and arm muscles. I don't really want to loose that!

Last edited by Millhouse; May 3rd 2016 at 6:52 am.
Old May 3rd 2016, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! Still think you're mental!
Old May 8th 2016, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Last 10km warm up run done yesterday- It was hot but it felt pretty good.

I've acquired a small nagging pain in the heel due to the hill work but I will survive. Just relaxing and resting now. Might get a massage before I go - balls are not showing too many signs of distress so will have to get her to focus on the calves.

Travel to China on Thursday - race on Sunday. quite excited.
Old May 8th 2016, 3:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
...Might get a massage before I go - balls are not showing too many signs of distress...
Not quite where I thought that sentence was going to go then
Old May 11th 2016, 3:34 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

you DO know thats a doctored picture right?
i.e. its not real
Old May 11th 2016, 3:37 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
you DO know thats a doctored picture right?
i.e. its not real
Yep. With all the steriods he's taken that posing pouch woudn't be anywhere NEAR that size.
Old May 17th 2016, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

All done. Thank you to everyone who has supported, it was very much appreciated.

Mental event. Not overly happy with my performance (still in the top half though) and have committed to myself to do it again next year.

My training partner came second - he was brilliant.

Some of the best views I have ever seen in my life, the weather was beautiful and no pollution in Beijing this week.

Genuinely loved every minute of the event. I highly recommend it to anyone who is feeling insane.

Last edited by Millhouse; May 17th 2016 at 9:11 am.
Old May 17th 2016, 9:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

All done. Thank you to everyone who has supported, it was very much appreciated.

Mental event. Not overly happy with my performance (still in the top half though) and have committed to myself to do it again next year.

Some of the best views I have ever seen in my life, the weather was beautiful and no pollution in Beijing this week.

Genuinely loved every minute of the event. I highly recommend it to anyone who is feeling insane.
Wow, many congratulations. No damaged parts? Just knackered ones? I think top half given that was your first was pretty bloody brilliant but what do I know.
Old May 17th 2016, 9:42 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Good one ya mate! well done!
Your training partner came in second??? ffs who were you training with?
Old May 17th 2016, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Wow, many congratulations. No damaged parts? Just knackered ones? I think top half given that was your first was pretty bloody brilliant but what do I know.
Thanks! Nothing injured.

One guy broke his leg and I saw a few bleeding knees but I was ok.

Your training partner came in second??? ffs who were you training with?
Yep - a lawyer here! It was also his first marathon... but he is an incredible and natural athlete. He came in the top 10 on a race in RAK the other day despite getting lost and running 3 more miles than everyone else.

It's probably worth noting that the standard of runner is much lower than say an elite category runner in Boston, NY or London. That said, the guy that won it was on his 20th adventure race and organises them professionally.
Old May 17th 2016, 10:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Well done mate, cracking effort and nice to see you've raised a good chunk of cash. Top work.
Old May 17th 2016, 11:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Mentals, but really good going!

No photo's of the adventures?
Old May 17th 2016, 1:47 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Props, bro.
Old May 17th 2016, 7:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously impressed! That course is mental - I watched a video by someone who ran it - huge kudos to you!

Well done that man.

Are you in this vid? (You don't have to identify yourself)

Last edited by Siouxie; May 17th 2016 at 7:44 pm.
Old May 17th 2016, 11:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mentals but well done you.

I've recommended this to MrBEVS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.