My First Marathon

Old May 18th 2016, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My First Marathon

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Seriously impressed! That course is mental - I watched a video by someone who ran it - huge kudos to you!

Well done that man.

Are you in this vid? (You don't have to identify yourself)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT-co_srMuE
...actually, this video is the *easy* version. There are three marathons run in may. I chose the hardest one which had most of the course on the wall itself (i.e. 3/4 of it was on the wall) - the other courses only had around 1/4 on the wall and the rest through villages.

My course was a mixture of restored and unrestored sections of wall. The restored wall was like running on stairs of varying sizes, the unrestored sections were either broken stairs, trail or rubble. I personally preferred the restored section as it was closer to my training, but the general consensus was that most preferred the unrestored section.
Old May 18th 2016, 11:22 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Well done mate - great effort on the run and the fundraising.

Makes my cycling escapades look pathetic ;-)
Old May 19th 2016, 4:34 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
...actually, this video is the *easy* version. There are three marathons run in may. I chose the hardest one which had most of the course on the wall itself (i.e. 3/4 of it was on the wall) - the other courses only had around 1/4 on the wall and the rest through villages.

My course was a mixture of restored and unrestored sections of wall. The restored wall was like running on stairs of varying sizes, the unrestored sections were either broken stairs, trail or rubble. I personally preferred the restored section as it was closer to my training, but the general consensus was that most preferred the unrestored section.
have you considered upping the distance?, I did a 50k in April and training for a 50 mile race in august
Old May 19th 2016, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
have you considered upping the distance?, I did a 50k in April and training for a 50 mile race in august
absolutely not.

but I am considering a marathon through the alps in July: 1800m up, 1400m down during the course. start point is at 1500m so it will be impossible to breathe.
Old May 19th 2016, 6:03 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I've watched the video for the 'hard' version on the restored and unrestored sections of the wall - I couldn't imagine even attempting it - kudos to you! You must have some stamina...

Old May 19th 2016, 12:29 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Well done mate! x