Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Muslim jokes - are they acceptable?

Wikiposts

Muslim jokes - are they acceptable?

Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of
Default Re: Muslim jokes - are they acceptable?

Is this an example for 'muslim' humor?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...at-plane_N.htm
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:24 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

What I have learned from being in Libya is that the people here are warmer and more open than any other I have encountered in the Arab/Muslim world, but they are still completely unshakeable in their faith, and it's obvious that Islam is part of life from the day they are born, almost as natural as breathing to them. The guy who sits in my office has just become a father, and he told me he is whispering words from the Koran into his child's ears.

I see it much the same as a comedian I heard talking about religion the other day: a child is as much a Muslim/Christian/Jew as he is a member of the Transport and General Workers' Union. But I wouldn't dare say that out loud!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dilmun
Is this an example for 'muslim' humor?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...at-plane_N.htm
It's not in this article, but apparently the 'diplomat' had told the air marshals that he'll set his shoes on fire......
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:39 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I see it much the same as a comedian I heard talking about religion the other day: a child is as much a Muslim/Christian/Jew as he is a member of the Transport and General Workers' Union.
Brilliantly put.....
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
..... to Muslims? To members of The Bored? On primetime telly?

Is the ability to 'laugh at oneself' a uniquely Western thing?

Q: What's the difference between a Muslim woman and a wheelie bin?
A: A wheelie bin gets taken out once a fortnight...........

My other half is muslim and he found this funny when I asked him what was appropriate and what was not he said that anything that would make a joke of Allah or any of the prophets would be classed as an insult. A joke that related to culture, clothing etc is perfectly normal
Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:49 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Now this Qatari chap had a sense of humour, but the Americans didn't find it funny...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-1938910.html
Old Apr 8th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Now this Qatari chap had a sense of humour, but the Americans didn't find it funny...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-1938910.html
Not funny at all , any sensible person knows not to joke about bombs on an airplane. Now add to this that the guy was in the bathroom for longer than normal and smoke was smelt coming from there. It is too bad he has diplomatic immunity, cuz I would love to see his cocky arse thrown in jail for awhile.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

What I have learned from being in Libya is that the people here are warmer and more open than any other I have encountered in the Arab/Muslim world, but they are still completely unshakeable in their faith, and it's obvious that Islam is part of life from the day they are born, almost as natural as breathing to them. The guy who sits in my office has just become a father, and he told me he is whispering words from the Koran into his child's ears.

I see it much the same as a comedian I heard talking about religion the other day: a child is as much a Muslim/Christian/Jew as he is a member of the Transport and General Workers' Union. But I wouldn't dare say that out loud!
Well I had the cleaner in the other day, nice lass, until she was done and started yappng on about jesus and 'would you like me to help you hear the gospel of our lord and saviour jesus christ?'.

I was polite at first, but after 15 minutes opened the door and went 'aye you did a great job, cheers, bye!'.

****** hell.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Two women in burkhas walking through the streets of Kabul............

One says to the other: "Does my bomb look big in this?"
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:31 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by lionheart
A little clarification.

Out of context....

Muslim jokes?,yes they are.

are they acceptable (muslims) Yes 95% are.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Someone just sent me this...
Attached Thumbnails Muslim jokes - are they acceptable?-garfield.jpg  
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I like this :-)
Attached Thumbnails Muslim jokes - are they acceptable?-24044_410747659809_654169809_5138703_5420889_n.jpg  
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:56 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a new british film called The Infidel which is quite timely considering this topic and looks completely hilarious...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=74466743001
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
There is a new british film called The Infidel which is quite timely considering this topic and looks completely hilarious...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=74466743001
.... I'll wait for that one to be released here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.