British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Mrs Birthday - Help. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mrs-birthday-help-788000/)

britexpat76 Feb 20th 2013 9:01 am

Mrs Birthday - Help.

I have 6 hours to get the Mrs a present before I go home. This is Doha not Dubai so choices are limited to Lulu.............

I cant get her, Watch, Handbag, Necklace, Earings, Ring, Bracelet as she has had these things. She has mentioned a laptop, though she uses her Ipad.

I know she would love some louboutins but I have spent way too much lately and it means driving to Doha's equivalent of Meadowhell - Villaggio.

Any ideas please?? - And she doesn't do sport.

Theseus Feb 20th 2013 9:12 am

Re: Mrs Birthday - Help.

spa day

Dammit i shouldn't have said that as i could have got her that! lol

co durham boy Feb 20th 2013 9:15 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10556367)
I have 6 hours to get the Mrs a present before I go home. This is Doha not Dubai so choices are limited to Lulu.............

I cant get her, Watch, Handbag, Necklace, Earings, Ring, Bracelet as she has had these things. She has mentioned a laptop, though she uses her Ipad.

I know she would love some louboutins but I have spent way too much lately and it means driving to Doha's equivalent of Meadowhell - Villaggio.

Any ideas please?? - And she doesn't do sport.

Drive to The Mall on the D Ring . Inside there's a Mac shop opposite Hugo Boss , splash out on a nice little Mac Air then cross the center to Salam and pitch for a classic bottle of Channel No 5

More than enough get out of the doghouse tokens in that.....

Personally i'd have gone Jo Malone / Louboutin....

britexpat76 Feb 20th 2013 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Theseus (Post 10556393)
spa day

Dammit i shouldn't have said that as i could have got her that! lol

She needs something to open.............

britexpat76 Feb 20th 2013 9:20 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10556401)
Drive to The Mall on the D Ring . Inside there's a Mac shop opposite Hugo Boss , splash out on a nice little Mac Air then cross the center to Salam and pitch for a classic bottle of Channel No 5

More than enough get out of the doghouse tokens in that.....

Personally i'd have gone Jo Malone / Louboutin....

Got her perfume on way to Vegas - so thats out. I am trying to keep the cost down - Mac Air will cost me more than the red soled shoes.....! Any places near to Spinneys in that Mall CDB?

co durham boy Feb 20th 2013 9:25 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10556416)
Got her perfume on way to Vegas - so thats out. I am trying to keep the cost down - Mac Air will cost me more than the red soled shoes.....! Any places near to Spinneys in that Mall CDB?

There's a Mont Blanc shop in there , a nice card holder or key ring . Fire in a bunch of flowers from that Florists in Spinneys and bingo .

al dente Feb 20th 2013 9:25 am

So sad, but if she's into cooking - a fab Kitchen Aid or Le Creuset dish. Or L'Occitane, their honey range of products are lovely. I received a box of shower gel, hand cream, body lotion and scrub which are just delicious.

Some smart earrings or a pearl ring?

britexpat76 Feb 20th 2013 9:28 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10556426)
There's a Mont Blanc shop in there , a nice card holder or key ring . Fire in a bunch of flowers from that Florists in Spinneys and bingo .

Sounding good to me, Stick to D-Ring and no need to detour on way home.

britexpat76 Feb 20th 2013 9:30 am

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 10556428)
So sad, but if she's into cooking - a fab Kitchen Aid or Le Creuset dish. Or L'Occitane, their honey range of products are lovely. I received a box of shower gel, hand cream, body lotion and scrub which are just delicious.

Some smart earrings or a pearl ring?

She would not get the pan idea. I think it's a good idea and something that will last. Did necklace and rings already this month for wedding. Really as they were a surprise I should of stated they were an early present..........

Roadking Feb 20th 2013 9:30 am

A key ring from your dealership...Cheap, personal and useful!

britexpat76 Feb 20th 2013 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 10556444)
A key ring from your dealership...Cheap, personal and useful!

I have some Merc ones, also got a Merc Bluetooth kit I could throw in. Must be something else in my desk............

Roadking Feb 20th 2013 9:33 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10556448)
I have some Merc ones, also got a Merc Bluetooth kit I could throw in. Must be something else in my desk............

Now your thinking ;)

soukie Feb 20th 2013 11:08 am

Godiva chocs plus some cash in an envelope gift wrapped nicely so she can save for the shoes she really wants!i

britexpat76 Feb 20th 2013 11:11 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 10556611)
Godiva chocs plus some cash in an envelope gift wrapped nicely so she can save for the shoes she really wants!i

Is cash not a naff gift though that smacks of I couldn't be arsed to get you anything?

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 20th 2013 12:05 pm

Lube and a king size pack of rubbers.

Flowers. Get some regardless.

Mont Blanc is a good idea from the suddenly metrosexual and feminine-aware CDB!

Get the red bottomed shoes - they're pricey but a standalone gift that'll blow her mind I expect.

Then use the first gift and last gift together, with her touching her toes and you get a present too.:thumbup: