Mr. Angry

Old May 24th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr. Angry

P.s; Saying Holland to the Netherlands is the same as saying Queensland to Australia, fyi
Old May 24th 2009, 12:51 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

So holland is a state of the netherlands?

Interesting..
Old May 24th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
So holland is a state of the netherlands?

Interesting..
Ok, so maybe I didn't take a complete perfect example. Noord-Holland/Zuid-Holland are both administrative divisions of the Netherlands, we have 12 of them.

Whatever, not the issue here anyway
Old May 24th 2009, 1:02 pm
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
.........Regards KLM, write to Meow about this and see if she can investigate it via the National for you, to get some type of refund.........
Hold on a minute- this has nothing to do with KLM and there is no reason why it should be reported to a newspaper. When the ticket was booked, presumably at the lowest rate possible, it was accepted that it was not changeable.
You could appeal directly to KLM with the circumstances, especially if the denial was written in a letter or email to show them, but KLM is not obliged to give any refund.
Don't get me wrong- I have total sympathy for Lionheart and family and have zero compassion for KLM anymore due to past experience but there is no space for situation shifting to them.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:04 pm
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
Ok, so maybe I didn't take a complete perfect example. Noord-Holland/Zuid-Holland are both administrative divisions of the Netherlands, we have 12 of them.

Whatever, not the issue here anyway
Noord Holland and Zuid Holland are Provinces and are not indicative of the country being referred to as Holland, The Netherlands or the Lowlands. i am also Dutch and know that if you are asked where you are from by an Arab, you will respond as 'Hollandi' and they wont ask you if that is North or South!
Old May 24th 2009, 1:10 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got a hair to split??
Old May 24th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Noord Holland and Zuid Holland are Provinces and are not indicative of the country being referred to as Holland, The Netherlands or the Lowlands. i am also Dutch and know that if you are asked where you are from by an Arab, you will respond as 'Hollandi' and they wont ask you if that is North or South!
No matter under what name it's known in other languages, and I agree with you that "Holland" in some cultures is better known then the Netherlands, the fact still is that it is technically incorrect.

Anyway, who cares
Old May 24th 2009, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

You are not really helping our situation but thanks for bothering to read about our plight. I doubt we would be allowed to travel only to Amsterdam if our ticket says Manchester via A/dam. Moreover the Dutch Visa Office will ask why we didn't get a UK visa. Back to square one.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shadya
You are not really helping our situation but thanks for bothering to read about our plight. I doubt we would be allowed to travel only to Amsterdam if our ticket says Manchester via A/dam. Moreover the Dutch Visa Office will ask why we didn't get a UK visa. Back to square one.
As far as I know there is no question in the Schengen visa form if you have ever been denied a visa, but I could be wrong.

Besides, there are still options for you. You could try to contact your own embassy, or the Dutch one regarding the Schengen visa and try to explain your situation. The person in charge of the visa's over there is called Ms. Tinus.

If you really cannot get any visa then you always have the option to go anyway under the European law for freedom of travel*. You just need to convince your airline, but if you mention it beforehand to the right people at KLM that shouldn't be a problem.

With regards to your ticket, no you will not be allowed to only travel to Amsterdam if you have a ticket to Manchester. There are two options you could try; explain your situation to KLM and hope that they will change it to the Netherlands only and cancel the 2 extra legs to Manchester. Second is, provided your wife does not need a transit visa for the UK, fly to Manchester anyway, and take a cheap flight to AMS or anywhere else in Europe.

The official document states:
Judges; C. Stix-Hackl, Advocate General; H.A. Rühl,
Principal Administrator, for the Registrar, has given a judgment
on 25 July 2002, in which it has ruled:
On a proper construction of Article 3 of Council Directive 68/
360/EEC of 15 October 1968 on the abolition of restrictions
on movement and residence within the Community for workers
of Member States and their families, Article 3 of Council
Directive 73/148/EEC of 21 May 1973 on the abolition of
restrictions on movement and residence within the Community
for nationals of Member States with regard to establishment
and the provision of services and Council Regulation (EC)
No 2317/95 of 25 September 1995 determining the third
countries whose nationals must be in possession of visas when
crossing the external borders of the Member States, read in the
light of the principle of proportionality, a Member State may
not send back at the border a third country national who is
married to a national of a Member State and attempts to enter
its territory without being in possession of a valid identity card
or passport or, if necessary, a visa, where he is able to prove his
identity and the conjugal ties and there is no evidence to
establish that he represents a risk to the requirements of public
policy, public security or public health within the meaning of
Article 10 of Directive 68/360 and Article 8 of Directive 73/148

At least one thing the EU is good for.

Last edited by Euc-; May 24th 2009 at 1:36 pm.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hold on a minute- this has nothing to do with KLM and there is no reason why it should be reported to a newspaper. When the ticket was booked, presumably at the lowest rate possible, it was accepted that it was not changeable.
You could appeal directly to KLM with the circumstances, especially if the denial was written in a letter or email to show them, but KLM is not obliged to give any refund.
Don't get me wrong- I have total sympathy for Lionheart and family and have zero compassion for KLM anymore due to past experience but there is no space for situation shifting to them.
they may let LH and his family use them at another time, it is worth asking.
Old May 24th 2009, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the information. My point about having been refused a UK visa is that, when they see our tickets to Manchester, they are bound to ask why we didn't get a UK visa. They will then probably reject our application on the same grounds. Oh joy!
Old May 24th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the information. My point about having been refused a UK visa is that, when they see our tickets to Manchester, they are bound to ask why we didn't get a UK visa. They will then probably reject our application on the same grounds. Oh joy!
Then make a flight reservation to AMS to put with your application for the Schengen visa, and when it's granted you show them your manchester ticket, if they ask you something you just say that you are also planning to do some travelling in the EU, and your going to the UK embassy now to apply for the UK visa.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i totally agree...it's not like klm have done anything wrong, and anyone who buys a non changeable/refundable ticket takes that risk...

MM, xx
Old May 24th 2009, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i totally agree...it's not like klm have done anything wrong, and anyone who buys a non changeable/refundable ticket takes that risk...

MM, xx
Yes, advertising a return ticket for Dhs600 and then charging Dhs2,050 with no cancellation/alteration option is perfectly reasonable.
Old May 24th 2009, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, advertising a return ticket for Dhs600 and then charging Dhs2,050 with no cancellation/alteration option is perfectly reasonable.
well you bought it, they didn't force you to...you must have had the chance to read the ts and cs before paying?

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.