Mr. Angry

Old May 24th 2009, 7:34 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr. Angry

Originally Posted by shiva
Hate to say it but if you knew the passport had been damaged then why the surprise?
I had no idea that the passport was "damaged". A few slightly curly empty pages, which the UAE Immigration Officer chose to ignore, does not constitute damage in my view. Nothing is illegible. All the printed pages (residence visa etc) are in perfect condition. If that is damaged then my passport is bloody wrecked. Not sure whom to approach at the British Embassy but there should be an appeals procedure.
Old May 24th 2009, 7:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I had no idea that the passport was "damaged". A few slightly curly empty pages, which the UAE Immigration Officer chose to ignore, does not constitute damage in my view. Nothing is illegible. All the printed pages (residence visa etc) are in perfect condition. If that is damaged then my passport is bloody wrecked. Not sure whom to approach at the British Embassy but there should be an appeals procedure.
try ironing it with brown paper.
Old May 24th 2009, 7:41 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
try ironing it with brown paper.
hell no! if they'll reject you with the 'water damage', it'll be even worse (more suspicious) if it looks like you've tried to 'fix it'. (further 'tampering')

appeal and get a new one, sorry, it seems to be the only way to get around those beareaucratic nightmares...
Old May 24th 2009, 7:48 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, don't worry- gimmie a couple of hours. I'll fly into DXB and go to the Embassy for ya shall I?
Old May 24th 2009, 7:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
hell no! if they'll reject you with the 'water damage', it'll be even worse (more suspicious) if it looks like you've tried to 'fix it'. (further 'tampering')

appeal and get a new one, sorry, it seems to be the only way to get around those beareaucratic nightmares...
rubbish, an iron will only flatten the pages, make it more presentable. LH I would be surprised if the British Embassy can do anything they are worse than useless if you ask me.
Old May 24th 2009, 8:04 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

is jasmine her real name?
Old May 24th 2009, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Eva
Oh well, don't worry- gimmie a couple of hours. I'll fly into DXB and go to the Embassy for ya shall I?
I have just sent a begging letter by Fax to the British Embassy simply asking them to look again at the passport. If anybody has any useful contacts, a name would be most welcome. Yes, Commander, that is her real name...Jasmine Louise.
Old May 24th 2009, 8:16 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I have just sent a begging letter by Fax to the British Embassy simply asking them to look again at the passport. If anybody has any useful contacts, a name would be most welcome. Yes, Commander, that is her real name...Jasmine Louise.
i really love that name
Old May 24th 2009, 8:19 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
rubbish, an iron will only flatten the pages, make it more presentable. LH I would be surprised if the British Embassy can do anything they are worse than useless if you ask me.
it's british immigration we're talking about here, right? don't f..k with the passport, only gives 'em reason to give you grief.
Old May 24th 2009, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by commander
i really love that name
Thanks...she is the girl in my avatar.
Old May 24th 2009, 8:21 am
banned

Thanks...she is the girl in my avatar.
i know that, she is lovely
Old May 24th 2009, 8:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Lionheart - surely you'll try a bit harder?

I hear that the consulate has been told that they are to assist British nationals rather than just being a visa processing centre. Go back and complain and keep pushing. Go to the press & tell them you are doing that too.

You'll get nowhere by being a wimp about it.

Per the website

If you want to complain about the service you received from UK Border Agency at the Embassy in Dubai, please address your complaint to the Entry Clearance Manager at the British Embassy Dubai, PO Box65, Dubai, UAE, or by e-mail to [email protected]

-
Old May 24th 2009, 8:26 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
i know that, she is lovely
Seconded.
Old May 24th 2009, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Does anyone think we might be able to change our holiday destination to Holland, subject to them granting Shadya a Schengen visa? They may not be so fussy about the passport condition, you never know. Our flight involves changing planes at Amsterdam. Do you think there would be a major problem? The destination of our baggage is an obvious issue. We just want to escape the heat for two weeks...
Old May 24th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone think we might be able to change our holiday destination to Holland, subject to them granting Shadya a Schengen visa? They may not be so fussy about the passport condition, you never know. Our flight involves changing planes at Amsterdam. Do you think there would be a major problem? The destination of our baggage is an obvious issue. We just want to escape the heat for two weeks...
No need for a Schengen visa even, if you can get one its fine, but no absolute need. You could apply for one (free of charge ), that would be the proper way. But if they would deny it for whatever reason (risk of staying is most likely, although not an official reason and when appealed to, the visa would most likely be granted. But that is a time consuming matter), you can go anyway. Simply because of the European laws which state that spouses of EU nationals are considered equal to their better halfs. All you would need is your marriage certificate, both passports and you will be granted an on arrival visa for two weeks.

That is also the reason why it is so easy for European nationals to live with their foreigns wifes in a different EU country other then their own. For example in the Netherlands, if you have a foreign wife and want her to come live with you, it will cost you over 2000 euro's for the visa and everything around it alone. Plus during the visa process you need to be in the NL and she needs to be in the country where she applied. So what a lot of people do, they simply move to a different EU country, where the only thing they need is their marriage certificate and their spouse will get a 5 year residence visa (when they move to Belgium), and after three years they can apply for the Dutch nationality, or after 6 months you'll move back to the Netherlands and you have saved yourself a lot of trouble and money.

Anyway, long rampage short; if you can get a schengen visa, great; if not; no worries! Just look for the "BRAX/MRAX Arrest", according to a lot of experiences AMS handles it correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.