British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Moving from Lloyds to HSBC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/moving-lloyds-hsbc-787900/)

britexpat76 Feb 19th 2013 12:39 pm

Moving from Lloyds to HSBC

OK - anyone else suffered this misery after the buyout?

Pls can someone tell me the best option to move away from HSBC. Just want a current account (pref interest bearing) without some stupidly high minimum balance requirement, and an e-saver type account, linked to my current account, that pays more than 0.1%.

Any ideas?

Compare bank accounts on www.souqalmal.com (UAE bank acc link is http://www.souqalmal.com/ae-en/accounts.php )

Also take a look at RAK Bank.

Thank you :thumbup:

Truce? lol

Depends....

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10554592)
Compare bank accounts on www.souqalmal.com (UAE bank acc link is http://www.souqalmal.com/ae-en/accounts.php )

Also take a look at RAK Bank.

That site is out of date, and incomplete.

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10555832)

I guess the banks and financial institutions who provided data initially realised that being open and honest actually gave them less business instead of more.

The site used to list mortgages (same terms on all variables available for comparison) with interest rates ranging from 1.99% to 9.99%. Sign of a competitive market....? :ohmy:

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10555832)

Maybe the banks aren't giving them all the info requested? Maybe contact them to tell them that?

Originally Posted by Theseus (Post 10554702)
Truce? lol

Wow, that's mature :rolleyes:

It's no wonder I question why I bother to be helpful...

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 10555927)
I guess the banks and financial institutions who provided data initially realised that being open and honest actually gave them less business instead of more.

The site used to list mortgages (same terms on all variables available for comparison) with interest rates ranging from 1.99% to 9.99%. Sign of a competitive market....? :ohmy:

Nothing like a free market to give consumers the best choices.

N.

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10556048)
Nothing like a free market to give consumers the best choices.

N.

You say that like there is a possibility of it happening..

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10556020)

Back at you...... rolly eye smiley face.

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10556020)

It was an observation that you two seem to have buried the hatchet - no offence intended. Seriously overreacting my dear. :)

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10556013)
Maybe the banks aren't giving them all the info requested? Maybe contact them to tell them that?

Those listings are not free-of-charge - some banks ;) are questioning the value of that site...........

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10556688)
Those listings are not free-of-charge - some banks ;) are questioning the value of that site...........

Are they? It's nothing to do with me. It's just the most useful comparison site available.

Last weekend the takeover of Lloyds branches by HSBC went live.
My life will never be the same !
Here are some of the highlights......
I did not receive my new account numbers.
I cannot access my accounts or make payments as I have the nerve to use an Apple Mac with latest version of Safari. Their solution to this was to advise me to get an IBM type PC
I cannot use internet banking at all on other accounts as the "gizmo" has not arrived, so I can't log on.
My list of standing orders has disappeared.
No one ever phones back, I have been trying to make appointment with manager - no luck, there are literally folks in tears in the main branch of Al Wasl Road.
Has anyone experienced this "level" of customer service here in UAE and can anyone recommend a professional bank?

norsk Feb 20th 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Moving from Lloyds to HSBC

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10556694)
Are they? It's nothing to do with me. It's just the most useful comparison site available.

They had a big article about the site in The National recently due to the school comparisons section they've created. At least that section of the site seems pretty comprehensive, the rest of it is pure rubbish and hugely misleading.

We know it's not your site Meow, but whoever is running it should have a massive rethink...

rowell Feb 20th 2013 2:16 pm

Sorry guys not sure what the hell i did there...will get Sue to sort

littlejimmy Feb 20th 2013 4:11 pm

Woah!

OriginalSunshine Feb 21st 2013 11:20 am

Lmao

Meow Feb 21st 2013 11:25 am

WTF?

dubaiguy2011 Feb 21st 2013 1:45 pm

Have I just experienced an acid trip? In Qatar? Wow...

Miss Anne Thrope Feb 21st 2013 3:27 pm

I think this thread was just acquired by HSBC.

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 22nd 2013 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope (Post 10559646)
I think this thread was just acquired by HSBC.

:rofl: