moving to Dubai

Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

reece is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Dubai

We are living in South Africa and are wanting to move to Dubai, but have no idea how to go about it - who we should contact for work - I am in the Housing and Construction industry. Does anybody know how we could go about it or have any ideas on who to contact. Also what is life like in Dubai, we have heard such good stories - are they all true?
Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:53 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Dubai

welcome...

do a few searches on the forum....loads of very up to date info on here already...plus have a look at the wiki, see the top of the page...

In general...you can have a good life here, depending on the package you are on and on what your definition of a good life is...cause that is always very subjective...
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reece
We are living in South Africa and are wanting to move to Dubai, but have no idea how to go about it - who we should contact for work - I am in the Housing and Construction industry. Does anybody know how we could go about it or have any ideas on who to contact. Also what is life like in Dubai, we have heard such good stories - are they all true?
You're in the housing and construction industry?

Oh dear............ living in a labour camp and earning about USD 200 per month isn't any fun at all I'm afraid..........

......What's that you say? You're at senior managerial level? Oh I see - I DO apologise......

..... in that case you can do the exploiting instead of being one of the exploited......
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reece
in addition to doing a search, take a look in wiki...there are various recruitment consultants listed there...

as MH says, life can be fantastic here...but it's a personal thing, some people don't like it...

MM, xx
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
welcome...

do a few searches on the forum....loads of very up to date info on here already...plus have a look at the wiki, see the top of the page...

In general...you can have a good life here, depending on the package you are on and on what your definition of a good life is...cause that is always very subjective...
Hi Bob, how you doin'???
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:56 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Hi Bob, how you doin'???
that's that secret out of the window then...
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
You're in the housing and construction industry?

Oh dear............ living in a labour camp and earning about USD 200 per month isn't any fun at all I'm afraid..........

......What's that you say? You're at senior managerial level? Oh I see - I DO apologise......

..... in that case you can do the exploiting instead of being one of the exploited......

naughty but quite true
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

bexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the roughbexter is a jewel in the rough

What would I have to earn as a decent Western salary per month, with two kids to put in to school, to make it worth my while going to Dubai?

Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bexter
What would I have to earn as a decent Western salary per month, with two kids to put in to school, to make it worth my while going to Dubai?

That depends on whether it's an all-in salary, or whether it's a salary + housing+flights+school fees+flights+medical type package...

Do a thread search on salaries & packages and you'll find a load of info. If you have other questions feel free to post.

Good Luck!