Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Moving to Al Ain (UAE) from UK

Moving to Al Ain (UAE) from UK

Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

CaseBusy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Al Ain (UAE) from UK

Will be moving to Al Ain soon, job (teaching) has sorted out accommodation for free along with a tax free salary, bit more than i getting back in UK.

Apparently the teachers are enjoying their time in Al Ain, as they all part of some ex pat clubs and on weekends take that hour and half drive to Dubai/Abu dabi. this true?

I'll be coming out there on my own and been wondering if i'm making the right choice. Hoping that i aint going to die from boredom

So any advice?

Cheers
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:22 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Al Ain (UAE) from UK

Originally Posted by CaseBusy
Will be moving to Al Ain soon, job (teaching) has sorted out accommodation for free along with a tax free salary, bit more than i getting back in UK.

Apparently the teachers are enjoying their time in Al Ain, as they all part of some ex pat clubs and on weekends take that hour and half drive to Dubai/Abu dabi. this true?

I'll be coming out there on my own and been wondering if i'm making the right choice. Hoping that i aint going to die from boredom

So any advice?

Cheers
CB, welcome to the bored. Are you male or female? There is a thread dedicated to life in Al Ain, suggest a search, then meet up with some of the good people and enjoy the life; it's what you make it!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:42 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome CB

settle down with a glass of wine/pint of beer/cup of coffee your choice and here's a long one for you to read http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457411
Old May 1st 2009, 5:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaseBusy

So any advice?

Cheers

it is a bit of drive down to AD but once you get settled I am sure you will meet other teachers and you will end up visiting Dubai as a group. Al Ain is a great place, quiet and laid back but with a good ex pat population. I see you found the Al Ain thread.