Mothering Sunday 2013

Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Mothering Sunday 2013

Originally Posted by Bob
Ohh...didn't realise that...might be a bit of hassle ping ponging to the US and back to the UK, but will have a snoop tomorrow
Yeah, I've not done it, but it always pops up with the option. If you want the blighters to scribble all over it then it's probably the best bet.

Unless you can get a blank card in a shop that'll pass as Mother's day?

OR, what I did a few years back was make one for her.

OR, one year when time was tight, she got a 'With Sympathy' card. Cross it out, write happy mummy day, sorted.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:13 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
As my adoptive mother passed away over 20 years ago, I will simply have to remind my daughter to make the misses breakfast in bed. Incidentally, is this the UK version or the USA one?
Of course it's the UK one, hence 'Mothering Sunday'. We're Brits so who cares about US Mother's Day.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:08 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 10th 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah, I've not done it, but it always pops up with the option. If you want the blighters to scribble all over it then it's probably the best bet.

Unless you can get a blank card in a shop that'll pass as Mother's day?

OR, what I did a few years back was make one for her.

OR, one year when time was tight, she got a 'With Sympathy' card. Cross it out, write happy mummy day, sorted.
All my christmas cards from my mothers mother are "Merry Christmas Son" on the front and she has added "Grand". She doesn't have a son. She must have got a belter of a deal on a 30 pack of those cards back in '83!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

In Britain is the 4th Sunday in Lent. This year that falls on 10th March. Being a Red, I celebrate International Women's Day instead. (8th March)