Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:23 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

Originally Posted by mikewot
AKA a sassenak.
There is no I in team but there is a U in cnut!
Don't want to get off-topic, but just wanted to verify you had read the job specification of moderator before taking it on?

Moderator - an arbitrator or mediator.

Now, having looked at, not only the 2 above quotes, but others you have posted towards me and others, I think you may have your job spec a little arse over tit...

But, then again, maybe Sue added antagonist onto the job spec just for you...
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:26 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Don't want to get off-topic, but just wanted to verify you had read the job specification of moderator before taking it on?.
You think this is a job??
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:26 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Is it really not possible to discuss issues like this without name-calling from all sides? Some wit or humour rather then pure point-scoring would be nice too.

No wonder so many posters don't hang around the forum.
Im losing the will to live, and Ive only been back on the Board a few weeks..

You can tell when a place starts going downhill by looking at the new arrivals...
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

You think this is a job??
Job, role, call it what you like...

Just hope you follow the basic tenets better in your real job. Whilst flying is faster, if I were to believe the plane conductors didn't understand their job specs / role, Id take a boat..
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:36 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Job, role, call it what you like...
Really we are just administrators and you should remember that we are also members of the bored with just as many 'rights' as other posters to express ourselves. I do not normally resort to ad hominem but some people who live in glass houses invite it :-)
If you are not enjoying the robust responses to your rather peculiar posts then you know the answer.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:42 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
TGFKASE nice to see you are carrying on where you left off those years ago.
let's have a beer next time you are in the 'better' Emirate.
Some say age mellows a man....

**** that...

Whist I enjoy living in the more grown up and mature Emirate, I do see a requirement for taking you up on that offer at some stage..

Do I just keep an eye out for clapped out Mustang?
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:46 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Really we are just administrators and you should remember that we are also members of the bored with just as many 'rights' as other posters to express ourselves. I do not normally resort to ad hominem but some people who live in glass houses invite it :-)
If you are not enjoying the robust responses to your rather peculiar posts then you know the answer.
I was just starting to feel warm and fuzzy when I got to the glass houses bit..

In fact, a wry grin cracked my granite facade...

Then you had to revert to antagonism...

I can see why the place is as quiet as it is... Seems to be the only tool in the box for some...

Trot on...
Old Apr 8th 2015, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC is not neutral. Why should we expect a Mod to be ?
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:10 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by scot47
The BBC is not neutral. Why should we expect a Mod to be ?
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:31 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't want to get off-topic, but just wanted to verify you had read the job specification of moderator before taking it on?

Moderator - an arbitrator or mediator.

Now, having looked at, not only the 2 above quotes, but others you have posted towards me and others, I think you may have your job spec a little arse over tit...

But, then again, maybe Sue added antagonist onto the job spec just for you...
Trolling again? That's against the forum rules, so is mod bashing.

Hand wringing isn't against the rules, it's just a bit pathetic.

Last edited by Dumbo; Apr 8th 2015 at 7:36 am.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Some say age mellows a man....

**** that...

Whist I enjoy living in the more grown up and mature Emirate, I do see a requirement for taking you up on that offer at some stage..

Do I just keep an eye out for clapped out Mustang?
no, the Mustang went when we moved to Singapore.

Mrs made me buy a Juke so she could drive it and then never passed her test.
Still stuck with it
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Mrs made me buy a Juke
Old Apr 8th 2015, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Engerland swings like a pendulum do |

Irvine Welsh has something to say !
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Ok, lets have a look again here at this funny place, the Sand pit, something I used to call the broth forum (I could explain to you why if you care to ask). O well, for a start and glancing at the recent posts, I could see that it certainly is the same as before, i.e it just is a pit. But to be fair this forum did give some laughs before, especially when I used to make the ????? make fool of themselves.

Back to the subject....

Let me give you an Arab's prospective of the Scotish independence with this imaginary dialog between an Arab and a Scot:

Arab: what do you want?
Scot: we want independence
Arab: what makes believe that you do qualify for independence?
Scot: because we are a nation of our own
Arab: I actually can hardly see that! A nation is a group of people who have profound characteristics of their own, such as own religion, own language, own culture, etc. If I was to look at the UK, the only difference I could see between the English and the Scottish is the accent they speak!! Otherwise the Scots have exactly the same religion as the English, they eat exactly the same food as the English, they look exactly the same as the English (although, admittedly more gingers can be found in Scotland than it is the case in England), they have the same culture and values as the English. So tell me my friend, practically what is difference between the scots and the English???
Scot: Ahhhhhhhhh, Errrrrrrrr, Hmmmmmmmm, Ahhhhhhhhh, Errrrrrrrr, Hmmmmmmmm,

Arab: listen mate, if you really are serious about independence then you got to do something about yourselves, and the first thing you need to do is to revive the celtic language of your ancestors and get the flipping kids at school to learn it. Then, once you’ve got the scots to be bilingual, only then you can put forward your application for independence.

I think I got enough people irritated by this post, so I better stop here before the twats among them show up, yet again!!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 9:21 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Ok, lets have a look again here at this funny place, the Sand pit, something I used to call the broth forum (I could explain to you why if you care to ask). O well, for a start and glancing at the recent posts, I could see that it certainly is the same as before, i.e it just is a pit. But to be fair this forum did give some laughs before, especially when I used to make the ????? make fool of themselves.

Back to the subject....

Let me give you an Arab's prospective of the Scotish independence with this imaginary dialog between an Arab and a Scot:

Arab: what do you want?
Scot: we want independence
Arab: what makes believe that you do qualify for independence?
Scot: because we are a nation of our own
Arab: I actually can hardly see that! A nation is a group of people who have profound characteristics of their own, such as own religion, own language, own culture, etc. If I was to look at the UK, the only difference I could see between the English and the Scottish is the accent they speak!! Otherwise the Scots have exactly the same religion as the English, they eat exactly the same food as the English, they look exactly the same as the English (although, admittedly more gingers can be found in Scotland than it is the case in England), they have the same culture and values as the English. So tell me my friend, practically what is difference between the scots and the English???
Scot: Ahhhhhhhhh, Errrrrrrrr, Hmmmmmmmm, Ahhhhhhhhh, Errrrrrrrr, Hmmmmmmmm,

Arab: listen mate, if you really are serious about independence then you got to do something about yourselves, and the first thing you need to do is to revive the celtic language of your ancestors and get the flipping kids at school to learn it. Then, once you’ve got the scots to be bilingual, only then you can put forward your application for independence.

I think I got enough people irritated by this post, so I better stop here before the twats among them show up, yet again!!
By that token, the whole Arab peninsula should be one nation. They all speak Arabic, have the same religion, dress the same way and eat the same food.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.