Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

Old May 5th 2015, 4:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: The Most Dangerous Woman in Britain

Originally Posted by shiva
What happened in 1974? SNP went loopy, then nothing 5 years later.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I think Thatcher's botched implemetation of the Poll Tax killed the Tories as a force in Scottish politics (before you were born Scamp ).

Trouble is Great Britain include Scotland (Little Britain is now of course Brittany), which is why I think UK would work.

I for one don't care whether they are in the UK or out but it should be one or the other! Devolution is just a complete dog's breakfast breeding mutal distrust and creating inequality. If a thing's worth doing it is worth doing properly. I.E. either be a region in the UK or be a country in your own right - I for one don't care which as they are both massively better than this devolution farce.
True, I think there's an element of one or the other, but it appears to be working with Wales?
Old May 5th 2015, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What happened in 1974?
Think it was the build up to the referendum in 1979.
Old May 5th 2015, 6:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Think it was the build up to the referendum in 1979.
I knew there was one around then. Interesting.
Old May 5th 2015, 7:14 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

True, I think there's an element of one or the other, but it appears to be working with Wales?
Not sure I completely agree but I see where you are coming from. I think Wales knows it can't really stand on it's own 2 feet and is, in general, happier with the Union than Scotland is.
Old May 5th 2015, 11:16 am
Account Closed

Not sure I completely agree but I see where you are coming from. I think Wales knows it can't really stand on it's own 2 feet and is, in general, happier with the Union than Scotland is.
All I read there was;

The Welsh just do what they're ****ing told.
Old May 6th 2015, 10:52 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

All I read there was;

The Welsh just do what they're ****ing told.
I remember being in Cardiff during wither a WC or Euros comp. Scotland played earlier in the evening, and England were playing directly afterwards.

A few displaced Scots, including myself, propped up a bar called the Owain Glyndwr, the Welsh version of William Wallace, from recollection, and watched a miserable draw, and then stayed on for the England game.

England went behind relatively early in the game, and as is our want, the Scots that had remained cheered for the plucky underdogs and their gall in tweaking the tail of the mighty 3 Lions.. We heard a few growls around the bar, but thought noting of it.. England equalised early in the 2nd half, and in their rapture, the whole of the pub kindly blssed us Scots with a real ale shower...!!!

This I use as evidence that the Welsh are simply poor, wannabe English...

Even more depressing is their lack of aspiration..!!!!
Old May 6th 2015, 10:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I remember being in Cardiff during wither a WC or Euros comp. Scotland played earlier in the evening, and England were playing directly afterwards.

A few displaced Scots, including myself, propped up a bar called the Owain Glyndwr, the Welsh version of William Wallace, from recollection, and watched a miserable draw, and then stayed on for the England game.

England went behind relatively early in the game, and as is our want, the Scots that had remained cheered for the plucky underdogs and their gall in tweaking the tail of the mighty 3 Lions.. We heard a few growls around the bar, but thought noting of it.. England equalised early in the 2nd half, and in their rapture, the whole of the pub kindly blssed us Scots with a real ale shower...!!!

This I use as evidence that the Welsh are simply poor, wannabe English...

Even more depressing is their lack of aspiration..!!!!
Probably makes the Welsh smarter than the Scottish. They know they're not as good as us so don't cause problems and just do as they're told.

Old May 6th 2015, 11:15 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Probably makes the Welsh smarter than the Scottish. They know they're not as good as us so don't cause problems and just do as they're told.

Ya wee scamp, Scamp..!!!

Old May 6th 2015, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Ya wee scamp, Scamp..!!!

Couldn't help it.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:50 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't help it.
You're funny now but when the "Viet Taff" turn up and burn down you cottage???
Old May 6th 2015, 11:58 am
Account Closed

You're funny now but when the "Viet Taff" turn up and burn down you cottage???
I run a mile from them anyway. Had a Welsh teacher at school, told us a joke about wellies - "why are wellies baggy up the front and stick out from your shins?.......Sheep can't run away if their back legs are down your wellies"
Old May 6th 2015, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

So is anyone on here actually voting?
Old May 6th 2015, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Old May 6th 2015, 6:49 pm