Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Morrissey Compares Queen Elizabeth To Mubarak, Gadaffi, Calls Her A Fascist

Morrissey Compares Queen Elizabeth To Mubarak, Gadaffi, Calls Her A Fascist

Old May 18th 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold
Default Morrissey Compares Queen Elizabeth To Mubarak, Gadaffi, Calls Her A Fascist

Now, weeks later, the rocker is truly taking out the proverbial knives; in a new essay for the website Hot Press, he compared Queen Elizabeth to two of the worst Middle Eastern dictators. After accusing Elizabeth of supporting the death of workers protesting Margaret Thatcher in the 80's, Morrissey wrote:

The full meaning of the Monarchy is, like the Queen herself, a complete mystery to most people. It is protected from any investigations by ridiculous stories of trivia and wedding dresses and on-again-off-again soap-drama romances. The most revealing statement came from Commander Christine Jones of the Metropolitan Police last month, when she warned that any British people carrying anti-royal placards who are "seen in the vicinity of the royal wedding would be removed under the Public Order Act." This means that any political dissent in England is silenced in order to protect the royals, which in itself goes against every principle of democracy.

The very existence of the Queen and her now enormous family – all supported by the British taxpayer whether the British taxpayer likes it or not – is entirely against any notion of democracy, and is against freedom of speech. For a broad historical view of what the Queen is and how she "rules", examine Gaddafi or Mubarak, and see if you can spot any difference.

You won't be able to.

http://www.hotpress.com/politics/fro...s/7901992.html

I'm sure monarchists and royal lovers in here will be deeply offended by this and cant wait to see who they are
Old May 18th 2011, 1:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Morrissey Compares Queen Elizabeth To Mubarak, Gadaffi, Calls Her A Fascist

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
Now, weeks later, the rocker is truly taking out the proverbial knives; in a new essay for the website Hot Press, he compared Queen Elizabeth to two of the worst Middle Eastern dictators. After accusing Elizabeth of supporting the death of workers protesting Margaret Thatcher in the 80's, Morrissey wrote:

I'm sure monarchists and royal lovers in here will be deeply offended by this and cant wait to see who they are
I'm quite against the Monarchy in general but think Morrissey is a complete idiot for suggesting the current British Monarch is on par with Mubarak, Gadaffi or fascists...it's one thing to want a more democractic means of selection our Head of State - but quite another to hurl insults which are not even relevant to her.

What is it with us these days hurling names at people in order to show disagreement or silence them?

N.
Old May 18th 2011, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Morrissey Compares Queen Elizabeth To Mubarak, Gadaffi, Calls Her A Fascist

I agree. Queenie is a "culturlist"
Old May 18th 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I agree. Queenie is a "culturlist"
Old May 18th 2011, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

as many of you know, i love morrissey, but he's gone a bit far here for sure...he seems to have got his knickers in a twist about the royal wedding, and had to apologise to dermot o'leary for being vile to him during an interview...

He writes, "I'm sorry I made the (Dermot) O'Leary radio interview so difficult but I was in a foul mood, having spent a full week surrounded by the royal dreading (sic). England may very well be a Windsor dictatorship, but - Pr Weddings aside, it is usually quite bearable...
"During the week of the royal dreading, Poly Styrene died. Having made an enormous contribution to British art and sound - at a desperate time when so many of us needed her - Poly Styrene's death was all but ignored by the British television news media, who instead rained hours and hours of blubbering praise onto Kate Middleton - a woman about whom nothing is known on a personal level. The message is clear: What you achieve in life means nothing compared to what you are born into. Is this Syria?"
guess this latest article is just following on from his general pissed-offedness with royalty...

MM, xx
Old May 18th 2011, 4:50 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

When in the UK I live in Windsor - so I'm probably a little bit of a Royalist - I saw Morrisey with the Smiths a few times in my Uni days in Manchester and Reading...great tunes (Thanks to Johnny Marr) but really - the guy is a plonker.
Old May 18th 2011, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
When in the UK I live in Windsor - so I'm probably a little bit of a Royalist - I saw Morrisey with the Smiths a few times in my Uni days in Manchester and Reading...great tunes (Thanks to Johnny Marr) but really - the guy is a plonker.
oh come off it, marr was fab, but morrissey has shown he was better than fab...he's had a hugely successful career since the smiths, whereas marr really hasn't done much that was great...

MM, xx
Old May 18th 2011, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
as many of you know, i love morrissey, but he's gone a bit far here for sure...he seems to have got his knickers in a twist about the royal wedding, and had to apologise to dermot o'leary for being vile to him during an interview...

guess this latest article is just following on from his general pissed-offedness with royalty...

MM, xx
I'd question his judgement in another way............... Poly Styrene?? If ever there was an overrated underachiever, it was her............
Old May 18th 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking

I didn't know about the police order but he has point (assuming it's true). Thats the sort of thing you find in the Gulf.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:56 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

One of the sad things about life is that we often mistake popularity in one area to mean authority in another.

My accountant is shithot at keeping me out of the clutches of the taxman, but I don’t think she could take my appendix out. Doubtless many surgeons would struggle with a tax return.

Many singers and actors seem to think that their popularity with the unwashed masses gives them free reign to make sweeping statements about subjects that they would struggle to get right in a spelling bee.

Morrissey should stick to singing.
Old May 19th 2011, 4:16 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717491
No further comment required.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:04 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
One of the sad things about life is that we often mistake popularity in one area to mean authority in another.

My accountant is shithot at keeping me out of the clutches of the taxman, but I don’t think she could take my appendix out. Doubtless many surgeons would struggle with a tax return.

Many singers and actors seem to think that their popularity with the unwashed masses gives them free reign to make sweeping statements about subjects that they would struggle to get right in a spelling bee.

Morrissey should stick to singing.
That's a great analogy...

I do wish singers and actors would stick to raising money for charity, telling kids to do their homework and running for governorship of US states...most of them are brain dead to current affairs and major issues around the world.

N.