Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Morrisey & his comments

Morrisey & his comments

Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Morrisey & his comments

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...Morrissey.html

I've never been a fan of the attention-seeking old fool, but this is quite ridiculous. I think all the tofu has addled his brain as he doesn't appear to be able to tell the difference between jingoism and patriotism.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Morrisey & his comments

Just reinforces my belief that he is an utter bellend.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Big words used incorrectly, eccentric spelling and shotgun pellet quotation marks - does Morrisey = Jackthehat?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am loving the word jingoism. I will try and use it in a sentence this week- now how can I bring that into the knicker trade general chit chat?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:01 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, Morrisey's website rant is appallingly badly written but hardly out of character.

I am still suffering trauma from when I first played Viva Hate, quivering in anticipation about what his first post-Smiths album might entail, what triumphs and disasters it would inevitably embrace.

Side 1, track 1: the spitting vitriolic guitars and lyrics of Alsation Cousin, aside from the ludicrously pretentious name, a blistering start merging cleverly into Little Man What Now, a beautifully wry observation of 1970s TV and celebrity culture (ATV anyone?). And then the magnificent Everyday is Like Sunday, perhaps his finest work ever. Solo Morrissey was proving better than I could ever have hoped.

And then, and then..........Bengali in Platforms:
"Life is hard enough when you belong here"
WTF???? The fey gay child of Irish immigrants dares to tell another outsider that he doesn't belong? I thought it must be a joke but it clearly wasn't. It's a vicious bullying invective delivered without a shred of irony or self-awareness. And worse, part of a long series going back to Panic and A Rush and A Push and the land that we stand on is ours...

I love so much of his music and he is a superbly talented magpie, cleverly cutting and pasting from a wonderful treasure of lyrics and ideas, but alas Morrissey remains a vile, pathetic attention-seeker. Irish Blood, English Heart?? He hasn't earned either.

[Now I'm sneaking off home to listen to Your Arsenal].
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Just reinforces my belief that he is an utter bellend.
Agreed - never did like his music in the 80's or what he did with those gladioli. But inbetween his waffing there is a smidgen of a "nero fiddling" point regarding London and the rest of the UK that perhaps is worthy of note.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I am loving the word jingoism. I will try and use it in a sentence this week- now how can I bring that into the knicker trade general chit chat?
how about a new marketing catchphrase.... "the knickers that give you jingoism's"
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like you'll need to go to the doctors though gooners...
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

That sounds like you'll need to go to the doctors though gooners...
just a play on words then...."the knickers that help prevent jingoism's"
Old Aug 8th 2012, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

As a man, he is a cock!

As a lyricist he is a genius!

Despite his outrageous comments and his ridiculous ideals he changed the face of music in the UK forever

Maybe he is misunderstood, maybe he likes controvesy and starting a ruck!

Think about it, his comments yesterday have got everyone talking about him, maybe its good or bad PR, which ever way you view it!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

He's a bit nuts but there's a bit of truth in his comments . The UK is getting turned over big time by the corporate whores at one end and the knuckle dragging plebs at the other . Indoctrinate them with Murdoch's shite rags and cable feed them Big Brother and Simon Cowell's dross and you've got the perfect dumb downed nation .

Throw in a royal wedding an extra bank holiday and then The Olympics and everyones a winner .

It used to be war that distracted peoples attention from the day to day shit fest of life but now it's Wills & Kate and the Velodrome.....

Happy days
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one for you:

"Bare legs are sexier than stockings??! That's just jingoism"

Can I get a free corset for the Missus for that? (suspiciously in my size of course).

N.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:30 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goonerseba
how about a new marketing catchphrase.... "the knickers that give you jingoism's"
There are creams for that sort of thing....

N.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy
He's a bit nuts but there's a bit of truth in his comments . The UK is getting turned over big time by the corporate whores at one end and the knuckle dragging plebs at the other . Indoctrinate them with Murdoch's shite rags and cable feed them Big Brother and Simon Cowell's dross and you've got the perfect dumb downed nation .

Throw in a royal wedding an extra bank holiday and then The Olympics and everyones a winner .

It used to be war that distracted peoples attention from the day to day shit fest of life but now it's Wills & Kate and the Velodrome.....

Happy days
But he didn't say that at all, or even close. He was ranting at patriotism of people not what it was founded on.

He didn't even seem to realise it was Great Britain and not England that competed in the Olympics.

Being a contrarian is one thing - being a talentless hack who uses dire music as a platform to preach criticism without solution is quite another.

He's part of the corporate crony machine - all his comments are designed to sell albums and keep him relevant in a world where people can google what he says and see it's bollocks.

N.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
But he didn't say that at all, or even close. He was ranting at patriotism of people not what it was founded on.

He didn't even seem to realise it was Great Britain and not England that competed in the Olympics.

Being a contrarian is one thing - being a talentless hack who uses dire music as a platform to preach criticism without solution is quite another.

He's part of the corporate crony machine - all his comments are designed to sell albums and keep him relevant in a world where people can google what he says and see it's bollocks.

N.
The Smiths were one of the most influential and outstanding bands of a generation .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.