Morocco rocks!

Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Morocco rocks!

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
It pre-dates the internet I believe.
They sent out a message to everyone asking them via carrier pigeon and smoke signals.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It pre-dates the internet I believe.

edit to say the bloody thing is finished but the cover designer has gone awol. ****
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are two ways of looking at it.

1. Regardless of your personal opinions on the topic, children are exposed to strong anti-drug messages at school and from other instutitions while growing up. Parents who display behaviour that contradicts these messages exposes the child to hypocrisy from the worst possible source - their own parent.

2. The other perspective is that it may be accepted for young people in their late teens and twenties, and perhaps even early thirties, to indulge in the vices and experiment with harder drugs, but it's seen as pathetic when middle aged people do the same. This is probably especially relevant for people who have children, partly because of #1 above and also because it's seen as a judgement flaw.

If you're a single person you can do whatever you want but older people who have families need to factor in how their individual decisions impact the family members around them. Given that very few families will approve of a family member's drug usage it's not so much a semi-emotive tabloid attempt at assigning guilt to choices as the practical reality of the situation.

Illegal is a designation which doesn't either make the drug or substance either bad or good for you. I expect as adults people should make their own informed choices.
Looking your children in the face is some kind of semi emotive tabloid attempt at assigning guilt to choices.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Illegal is a designation which doesn't either make the drug or substance either bad or good for you. I expect as adults people should make their own informed choices.
Looking your children in the face is some kind of semi emotive tabloid attempt at assigning guilt to choices.
I agree. If the government was to legalise only weed, grow it themselves, distribute it themselves then also charge the same stupid tax they do on cigarettes I am sure the economy would be far better off. Adults should have the choice and not line the pockets of criminals, I don't see anything being as addictive as Nicotine, I have had my fair share of mind altering shit and have never felt the need to use them every 30 minutes, all day.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:05 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Try the local Casablanca beer, its pretty good. Just called Casablanca or casa.
The very stuff that relaxed me last night. Not a bad drop, but more expensive than imported beers: in El Morabitine Hotel bar—my regular on a Saturday night before heading downstairs to the night club at around midnight—its MAD 50 (£3.85) for a 35cl bottle, as opposed to MAD 35 for Heineken. Which is mad. Flag Speciale isn’t bad either.

And for all those jumping to conclusions, there were no illicit substances, rent boys or, sadly, even floozies. Just 4 blokes at the bar relaxing with some beer. A doctor and a lawyer and a civil engineer (or as close as makes no difference), plus another guy, discussing Voltaire, Hugo, Sherlock Holmes, Islam, women, Morrocan gangs, beer, wine, TAQA, diversity and why the rest of the world can’t just get along.

Friendly and informal service, with the staff popping in and out of the patrons’ conversations—in a pleasant way, just adding to the good-natured ambience here. Driving aside, its all pretty relaxed, which isn’t so great when you’re trying to get your business done, but certainly is great when you need to chill. I may just be lucky in where I’ve landed—no doubt Casablanca is hectic and less friendly, and other towns may have a totally different balance.

I’m warming to Morocco. Off to Marrakech this weekend, which foreigners and locals alike consider to be a splendid place.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:07 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
There are two ways of looking at it.

1. Regardless of your personal opinions on the topic, children are exposed to strong anti-drug messages at school and from other instutitions while growing up. Parents who display behaviour that contradicts these messages exposes the child to hypocrisy from the worst possible source - their own parent.

2. The other perspective is that it may be accepted for young people in their late teens and twenties, and perhaps even early thirties, to indulge in the vices and experiment with harder drugs, but it's seen as pathetic when middle aged people do the same. This is probably especially relevant for people who have children, partly because of #1 above and also because it's seen as a judgement flaw.

If you're a single person you can do whatever you want but older people who have families need to factor in how their individual decisions impact the family members around them. Given that very few families will approve of a family member's drug usage it's not so much a semi-emotive tabloid attempt at assigning guilt to choices as the practical reality of the situation.
I could agree with most of that if you didn't assign such a weight to taking drugs and their effects.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:20 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
no doubt Casablanca is hectic and less friendly, and other towns may have a totally different balance.

I’m warming to Morocco. Off to Marrakech this weekend, which foreigners and locals alike consider to be a splendid place.
Casablanca is more hectic but certainly not less friendly. Very nice spot once you adjust to it.
Check out the palmeraie golf hotel in marrakech, not the actual hotel but the more remote villas. They are an amazing place to rent a villa for a weekend with a pool and chill out with friends, or as a base to go visit parts of the city.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not the one who's putting so much weight on drugs and their affects. Society is and generally for good reasons (although not for all drugs).

We all know many people who have tried/experimented with hardcore drugs and never developed an addiction and were otherwise perfectly responsible citizens.

The danger is that there are people who truly get *****ed up with a drug addiction and it's been thoroughly devastating for the family around them. A cigarette habit is harmful from a health perspective but it rarely causes one to lose their jobs, lose their judgement and and physical control over themselves (an irony is that alcohol, more socially acceptable than cigarettes, is more dangerous as it poses greater immediate danger to people around the drinker than a smoker does with his cigarette.)

The crack epidemic and its affect on poorer American cities as well as the current meth epidemic among rural white trash has been well documented. That's why I generally support strict control and limited access to hardcore drugs as well as public stigmation attached to drug usage. It may require some restrictions on the liberties of individual citizens but it's better for the greater society rather than just opening the floodgates to full decriminalizaiton.

I could agree with most of that if you didn't assign such a weight to taking drugs and their effects.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Try the local Casablanca beer, its pretty good. Just called Casablanca or casa.
He didn't need to go there to get that!! It's available here in the Moroc Bar in Ibn Battuta Hotel!!

Although 40 Dhms a bottle!!

Last edited by Jim Smith; Apr 25th 2013 at 1:50 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:55 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I believe many go to this part of the world because of the easy availability of young men for immoral purposes.
Banking and Construction Contracting?

N.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 9:02 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed - when it comes to drugs their legality doesn't make them good or bad. That's up to the user. Millions die every year from perfectly legal drugs like alcohol, tobacco and over the counter medicines. Millions more are addicted to caffeine. And millions more use these legal drugs their entire lives in a responsible manner that doesn't affect others.

N.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I agree. If the government was to legalise only weed, grow it themselves, distribute it themselves then also charge the same stupid tax they do on cigarettes I am sure the economy would be far better off. Adults should have the choice and not line the pockets of criminals, I don't see anything being as addictive as Nicotine, I have had my fair share of mind altering shit and have never felt the need to use them every 30 minutes, all day.
Legalise a plant that has been used for at least 3000 years as a pain killer, relaxant and food ingredient?

A government will do that if they feel they can get at least as much tax as they do from the companies that make most of their money from painkillers. Currently it's only banned because of politics and stupidity. There is no medical reason to ban it - control and tax the damned thing I say, like we do with booze and fags.

N.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

This grandmother would probably agree with you!

http://rense.com/general39/hilo.htm
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Just curious for those of you who indulge in illegal substances.

It's one thing to be 20 but otherwise how do you look at your children in the face afterwards?
It's not easy. I try looking at them but all i see is flower pots where their faces should be, man.