This morning

Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:05 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default This morning

Took a little longer to get into work thanks to the rain (and folk driving with hazards + fog lights + a speed changing rapidly between 40-120kph + a fear of puddles)

I ****ing loved it. Glorious weather, great fun smashing through puddles.

I just hope it clears up a bit - I am meant to be playing 18 holes tonight and I know what Dubai is like; they'll ring and make us cancel because it's wet or something.

It's a long shot but I can only see it being cancelled by the club if there is lightning?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of
Default Re: This morning

Certainly getting me prepared for flying into Manchester on Saturday...

I don't think I've ever landed in Manchester when it isn't raining.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:26 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob View Post
Certainly getting me prepared for flying into Manchester on Saturday...

I don't think I've ever landed in Manchester when it isn't raining.
Is it ever not raining in Manchester?

Southampton is looking wet for when I'm back.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:31 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Southampton is looking wet for when I'm back.
Fareham also. Well Portchester actually.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:43 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
Fareham also. Well Portchester actually.
Shit the bed. Round the corner from Dad's place.

I'm contemplating a trip that way (a sister is somewhere in Cosham, eurgh) but worth it to get to Mother Kelly's for some of their nuggets.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:47 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Round the corner from Dad's place.
Big place is it, near the sea, massive walls and a church in the grounds?
I'm contemplating a trip that way (a sister is somewhere in Cosham, eurgh) but worth it to get to Mother Kelly's for some of their nuggets.
My MIL sometimes eats there which says it all for me. Much better chippie and takeaway Chinese on White Hart Lane.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:56 am
WWLLCJD?

Big place is it, near the sea, massive walls and a church in the grounds?
My MIL sometimes eats there which says it all for me. Much better chippie and takeaway Chinese on White Hart Lane.
Nah, just Port Solent...

I've not eaten there in years, it used to be something Dad and I did so probably rose-tinted memories rather than anything else. Although, the nuggets are good, I'm sure of that.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Nah, just Port Solent...

I've not eaten there in years, it used to be something Dad and I did so probably rose-tinted memories rather than anything else. Although, the nuggets are good, I'm sure of that.
Port Solent has some decent eateries, liquid lunch is but a 30 min walk from my place. I think MK's is a bit of a greasy spoon but always packed so perhaps I'm just a snob
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:11 am
WWLLCJD?

Port Solent has some decent eateries, liquid lunch is but a 30 min walk from my place. I think MK's is a bit of a greasy spoon but always packed so perhaps I'm just a snob
PS has some great places, you're right, but some awful too. The Indian is pretty good, Watermark is alright but thinks it's better than it is, the Italian (can't remember what it's called but next to Cafe Uno) is really good.

Hungry now and want to be back in Blighty for a bit.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:22 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

I am meant to be playing 18 holes tonight and I know what Dubai is like; they'll ring and make us cancel because it's wet or something.
Shouldn't do, we played this morning and the only thing the club did was bring us a coffee and some large towels out onto the course (nice touch JGE) when the heavens opened on us. They also offered a sympathetic smile smile when we came in after six holes looking like drowned rats....

It's a long shot but I can only see it being cancelled by the club if there is lightning?
They should / will pull you off the course if there is risk (like you say lightning, especially with the floodlight towers / conductors) but apart from that it should be down to you....
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:54 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Welivehere View Post
Shouldn't do, we played this morning and the only thing the club did was bring us a coffee and some large towels out onto the course (nice touch JGE) when the heavens opened on us. They also offered a sympathetic smile smile when we came in after six holes looking like drowned rats....

They should / will pull you off the course if there is risk (like you say lightning, especially with the floodlight towers / conductors) but apart from that it should be down to you....
6 HOLES? Quitter.

It's brightening up slightly so will be fine I hope. We wouldn't turn down the chance so will play unless told otherwise.

I'm getting a bit better now so might take you up on your offer of a round in the new year.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:21 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

6 HOLES? Quitter. .
Fair weather golfer, mush... Rocked up in shorts and polo when I actually needed wellies and a rubber duck....

I'm getting a bit better now so might take you up on your offer of a round in the new year.
Good. I'm renewing membership for another year so shout when you're ready, if you want moral support bring a mate...
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:27 am
WWLLCJD?

Fair weather golfer, mush... Rocked up in shorts and polo when I actually needed wellies and a rubber duck....

Good. I'm renewing membership for another year so shout when you're ready, if you want moral support bring a mate...
Hahahahahahha, I'm completely the same!

What sort of dollar is JGE?

The only support I need is the buggy.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:32 am

What sort of dollar is JGE?
If you're using your own clubs etc:

Members Guest Weekday Fire = 350AED and Earth is 425AED
Members Guest Weekend Fire = 595AED and Earth is 595AED

Includes cart, water, course guide, tee's, range etc ...

Course choice will be yours... http://www.jumeirahgolfestates.com/play/
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:34 am
WWLLCJD?

If you're using your own clubs etc:

Members Guest Weekday Fire = 350AED and Earth is 425AED
Members Guest Weekend Fire = 595AED and Earth is 595AED

Includes cart, water, course guide, tee's, range etc ...

Course choice will be yours... http://www.jumeirahgolfestates.com/play/
Played Fire twice but never Earth.

What about membership?

Do you get in 9 holes in the morning mid-week?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.