British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   More news reports from the Magic Kingdom (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/more-news-reports-magic-kingdom-796754/)

NorthernLad May 12th 2013 9:20 am

More news reports from the Magic Kingdom

I'm sure redshark and the nutter from Turkey/Chechnya/Qatar will be able to justify this:

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...case-1.1182179

And the chances of this one being locked up?

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi...an-501142.html

britexpat76 May 12th 2013 10:01 am

Re: More news reports from the Magic Kingdom

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10704324)
I'm sure redshark and the nutter from Turkey/Chechnya/Qatar will be able to justify this:

The mind boggles...........I see the family are using the guilt trip over her mother............. She would have to be barking mad to ever go back now she has finally escaped.

Maxima May 12th 2013 10:04 am

Lets try on their behalf:

"the Lebanese man deserves everything that comes his way, he should have known the rules of the country he lived in".

Also throw in some absolutely relevant stuff:
"And what about the illegal war in Iraq?"

Boomhauer May 12th 2013 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Maxima (Post 10704370)
Lets try on their behalf:

"the Lebanese man deserves everything that comes his way, he should have known the rules of the country he lived in".

Also throw in some absolutely relevant stuff:
"And what about the illegal war in Iraq?"

and what about British and Americans killing the Red Indians .

redShark May 12th 2013 11:20 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10704324)

Like I have answered the same question before. Saudi is not an absolute representation of Islam. There are many serious flows in that system. If that story is right then it is a wrong implantation of the Islamic rules as Quran was clear about that ruling.

Now, it is your turn to answer me...

Will you be man enough to stand up here and tell us all what you think of the European imprisonment punishment law against those who question the events surrounding the Holocaust?

BTW, isn’t it mother day today? Should’nt you be more keen on putting a post on this important event than something about Saudi!! (same question goes to the other athiests)!!!

mikewot May 12th 2013 11:26 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10704429)
Will you be man enough to stand up here and tell us all what you think of the European imprisonment punishment law against those who question the events surrounding the Holocaust?

It is absolutely correct. Holocaust deniers obviously have some form of axe to grind but you cannot deny the holocaust.

BTW, isn’t it mother day today? Should’nt you be more keen on putting a post on this important event than something about Saudi!! (same question goes to the other athiests)!!!

Only in some countries, not Britain. Since this is a British expats site we wouldn't be interested in other countries mothers days.

Anyway we're still waiting for you to say you're wrong about fasting, based on the 'evidence' you posted. You remember your post on 8th May "A free thinker to me, is a guy who would say to his opponent you are right when he finds himself on the wrong. "

shiva May 12th 2013 11:43 am

Like I have answered the same question before. Saudi is not an absolute representation of Islam. There are many serious flows in that system. If that story is right then it is a wrong implantation of the Islamic rules as Quran was clear about that ruling.

Now, it is your turn to answer me...

im still waiting for you to respond to the post in the other thread regarding a huge increase in alcohol use in islamic countries and a drop in europe.

Kix May 12th 2013 11:47 am

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10704433)
It is absolutely correct. Holocaust deniers obviously have some form of axe to grind but you cannot deny the holocaust.

I disagree, while I do know that atrocities happened, I do not believe the extent that is reported. And as for giving the jews a land because of a few victims of a war is totally beyond me. To say that the allies have serious blood on their hands is an understatement.

redShark May 12th 2013 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10704433)

Only in some countries, not Britain. Since this is a British expats site we wouldn't be interested in other countries mothers days.

Anyway we're still waiting for you to say you're wrong about fasting, based on the 'evidence' you posted. You remember your post on 8th May "A free thinker to me, is a guy who would say to his opponent you are right when he finds himself on the wrong. "

You changed the subject...

I lost you here, I said fasting is good, you said fasting is bad, the professor I quoted says fasting is good. Who is on the wrong then? Am I missing something here?

Interestingly, the prophet of Islam also advised the believers to fast two days in a week besides Ramadan, preferably Monday and Thursday. Isn’t that what the professor is also saying?
Thanks to Ramadan, I lost half a stone last year in that month. How can that not be good? Compare that with the benefits of alcohol you guys were advocating here!!!

britexpat76 May 12th 2013 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10704450)
I disagree, while I do know that atrocities happened, I do not believe the extent that is reported. And as for giving the jews a land because of a few victims of a war is totally beyond me. To say that the allies have serious blood on their hands is an understatement.

Buddy, I never normally disagree with you on anything, certainly alcohol related. But calling the holocaust 'a few victims of war' is a shocking statement.

britexpat76 May 12th 2013 11:56 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10704457)
You changed the subject...

I lost you here, I said fasting is good, you said fasting is bad, the professor I quoted says fasting is good. Who is on the wrong then? Am I missing something here?

Interestingly, the prophet of Islam also advised the believers to fast two days in a week besides Ramadan, preferably Monday and Thursday. Isn’t that what the professor is also saying?
Thanks to Ramadan, I lost half a stone last year in that month. How can that not be good? Compare that with the benefits of alcohol you guys were advocating here!!!

The doctor advocated fasting 2 days a week. Not 31 days. Now tell us where fasting for 31 days is proven to have health benefits.

mikewot May 12th 2013 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10704459)
The doctor advocated fasting 2 days a week. Not 31 days. Now tell us where fasting for 31 days is proven to have health benefits.

Actually the Dr stated that you had to fast for between 16-24 hours for any benefit and not more than 1 or 2 days a week. Does that sound like Ramadan? No.

redShark May 12th 2013 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10704467)
Actually the Dr stated that you had to fast for between 16-24 hours for any benefit and not more than 1 or 2 days a week. Does that sound like Ramadan? No.

We are not going to agree on this argument as we obviously have different ways of interpreting what is right and what is wrong. We can stick to our guns and let the others judge. I could have actually put you under the scrutiny to explain to me how an illiterate man in the desert of Arabia could knew that fasting two days a week is good! but I will not follow that argument up with you, and rather quote you an observation by a non-Muslim, none but Albert Einstein himself, when he said:

"Quran is not a book of algebra or geometry but is a collection of rules which guides human beings to the right way, the way which the greatest philosophers are unable to decline it"

One other observation I have. When I look at a thread of this nature here. I could see that there are a few thousands viewers following it, but the musketeers who are debating with me are only a few? I see only me and the atheists fighting it out here. How come others are shying away? What ever happened to Ajeeb, for example (I like his name, it does what it says on the tin :))? Where are the other British folks of different religions?

mikewot May 12th 2013 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10704573)
We are not going to agree on this argument as we obviously have different ways of interpreting what is right and what is wrong.

It's not a matter of interpretation. The 'evidence' you produced to say that fasting is good for you has the Dr state very clearly in his first sentences that fasting can be beneficial if done for between 16 and 24 hours, one or two days a week, full stop. How does that relate to ramadan fasting?

Kix May 12th 2013 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10704582)
It's not a matter of interpretation. The 'evidence' you produced to say that fasting is good for you has the Dr state very clearly in his first sentences that fasting can be beneficial if done for between 16 and 24 hours, one or two days a week, full stop. How does that relate to ramadan fasting?

This has about as much relevance to this thread as my statement about the holocaust (if it did indeed happen to the extent that we are brainwashed to believe).