Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

More madness from UAE Courts...

More madness from UAE Courts...

Old May 5th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: More madness from UAE Courts...

Originally Posted by Confucius
The prevailing mindset here is: If it is written that you're going to die like that, then there's nothing you can do about it...

So how come the old hand gestures is such a big thing then?
Old May 5th 2009, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
So how come the old hand gestures is such a big thing then?
Mental issues from childhood perhaps...

Seriously; it irritates the shit out of me...It's ok for people to drive dangerously and causing you to crash, but, one whiff of a finger and whoaaaaaaaaaa!!!! "Daddy he showed me the finger!!!"
Old May 5th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

"The judge based the ruling on Islamic law."

Enough said. ALLAHU AKHBAR!
Old May 5th 2009, 11:07 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

so who started the case against the mother then...the father of the baby?
and who is she supposed to pay that money to?
this completely makes no sense what so ever...
Old May 5th 2009, 12:02 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The prevailing mindset here is: If it is written that you're going to die like that, then there's nothing you can do about it...
That's what gets me. You wouldn't put your kid into a lion's cage and say it's up to God if the lion eats him or not, would you?
Old May 5th 2009, 12:08 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
That's what gets me. You wouldn't put your kid into a lion's cage and say it's up to God if the lion eats him or not, would you?
Great spectator sport though....
Old May 5th 2009, 12:13 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Great spectator sport though....
Aye. The Romans thought so.
Old May 5th 2009, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
We wouldn't...But they would...
Old May 5th 2009, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
so who started the case against the mother then...the father of the baby?
and who is she supposed to pay that money to?
this completely makes no sense what so ever...
The insurance company...
Old May 5th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason, I always thought pregnant women shouldn't drive... I dunno why. Maybe it's the Guardian-reading lot I hang out with? I mean very pregnant obviously. I thought there was some cut-off date or something. No?

Strange ruling though, who should she pay then?
And if someone behind her crashed into her as well, then THEY were at fault too?

It seems pretty malicious too, maybe there's more to it than reported.

It woud be excellent if they similarly fined all those responsible for accidents, not just deaths.
Old May 5th 2009, 12:27 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

The insurance company...
that still doesn't make sense to me, did they then start a case on behalf of the unborn child...or am I having a blond moment...
Old May 5th 2009, 12:29 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
that still doesn't make sense to me, did they then start a case on behalf of the unborn child...or am I having a blond moment...
As I understand it, the money will be paid to the siblings of the unborn child at some point in the future. That makes sense, don't it?
Old May 5th 2009, 12:29 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by seven seas
For some reason, I always thought pregnant women shouldn't drive... I dunno why. Maybe it's the Guardian-reading lot I hang out with? I mean very pregnant obviously. I thought there was some cut-off date or something. No?

there is a cut off date for going on a plane...maybe you're thinking about that.
there is no reason why a pregnant woman shouldn't drive...pregnancy isn't some illness and it doesn't affect your ability to drive...and babies generally don't just get born without some warning either...
Old May 5th 2009, 12:30 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas

Strange ruling though, who should she pay then?
And if someone behind her crashed into her as well, then THEY were at fault too?

It seems pretty malicious too, maybe there's more to it than reported.

It woud be excellent if they similarly fined all those responsible for accidents, not just deaths.
That's sexist! Are you saying it's OK for pregnant men to drive?
Old May 5th 2009, 12:31 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Roadking
As I understand it, the money will be paid to the siblings of the unborn child at some point in the future. That makes sense, don't it?
oh right, why didn't I think of that eh....
so the mum should get impregnated asap and hey presto, she'll get her own money back...great saving scheme, hope they pay her some decent interest rate on it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.