Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

More madness from UAE Courts...

More madness from UAE Courts...

Old May 5th 2009, 6:36 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default More madness from UAE Courts...

UAE fines mother over baby death

... as if losing your baby in a traffic accident wasn't bad enough.

I particularly like "Salah Bu Farousha, head of traffic prosecution, said women in the third trimester of pregnancy should avoid driving altogether to protect their own and their foetuses' lives. "... er, passenger seat? Getting to hospital? Grip on reality?
Old May 5th 2009, 6:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More madness from UAE Courts...

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty

I particularly like "Salah Bu Farousha, head of traffic prosecution, said women in the third trimester of pregnancy should avoid driving altogether to protect their own and their foetuses' lives. "... er, passenger seat? Getting to hospital? Grip on reality?
bloody mental if you ask me, they do bugger all about kids and car seats though!
Old May 5th 2009, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
bloody mental if you ask me, they do bugger all about kids and car seats though!
oh yes that really pi$$es me off, saw some mothers, (all nationalities i might add) driving to school this morning with their kids jumping around, waving their hands out the windows.

Whats wrong with these people!! The amount of kids I have seen DEAD, resulting from RTA's is astounding!!
Old May 5th 2009, 6:44 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, saw a local woman leaving the hosp with her newborn laid on her lap in the passenger seat of her hubby's 4x4. The nurse handed her the infant without question.

I use one of those "bump-belt" things that stops the seatbelt riding up and cutting into your bump in the event of an abrupt stop, but some (if not most) would see that as quite paranoid. Maybe not now.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, saw a local woman leaving the hosp with her newborn laid on her lap in the passenger seat of her hubby's 4x4. The nurse handed her the infant without question.

I use one of those "bump-belt" things that stops the seatbelt riding up and cutting into your bump in the event of an abrupt stop, but some (if not most) would see that as quite paranoid. Maybe not now.
it is a damn disgrace, I remember the same happening when we were leaving hospital with Rachel, we had a car seat all sorted out etc and fitted into the car. It will never change.
Old May 5th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I find that quite scary.... how many locals do you see with their children jumping all over thse back seats, ive even seen a child with his head out of the sunroof on SZR, i mean WTF !!!!!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I find that quite scary.... how many locals do you see with their children jumping all over thse back seats, ive even seen a child with his head out of the sunroof on SZR, i mean WTF !!!!!
Ive seen grown adults with their heads out the windows too! Arent most of these kids learning to drive anyhow? No wonder no one gives a toss about their speed, breaking distance, seat belts... Everyone does it so they don't see any harm in it...

BUT dont whatever you do flick a finger or the V sign that is REALLY dangerous to peoples lives and well being...
Old May 5th 2009, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday i was fighting with a friend over this...She threatenned me with abandonment...
Old May 5th 2009, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Ive seen grown adults with their heads out the windows too! Arent most of these kids learning to drive anyhow? No wonder no one gives a toss about their speed, breaking distance, seat belts... Everyone does it so they don't see any harm in it...

BUT dont whatever you do flick a finger or the V sign that is REALLY dangerous to peoples lives and well being...
The prevailing mindset here is: If it is written that you're going to die like that, then there's nothing you can do about it...
Old May 5th 2009, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Yesterday i was fighting with a friend over this...She threatenned me with abandonment...
story of your life, eh...

MM, xx
Old May 5th 2009, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
story of your life, eh...

MM, xx
Oh aye...I got labelled as a hypocrit...
Old May 5th 2009, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh aye...I got labelled as a hypocrit...
hypocrite even...

MM, xx
Old May 5th 2009, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hypocrite even...

MM, xx
The electronic version is e-hypocrit...
Old May 5th 2009, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The electronic version is e-hypocrit...
yeah, that as well...

MM, xx
Old May 5th 2009, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah, that as well...

MM, xx
Of course...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.