British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   More madness from UAE Courts... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/more-madness-uae-courts-607221/)

Hello.Kitty May 5th 2009 6:36 am

More madness from UAE Courts...

UAE fines mother over baby death

... as if losing your baby in a traffic accident wasn't bad enough.

I particularly like "Salah Bu Farousha, head of traffic prosecution, said women in the third trimester of pregnancy should avoid driving altogether to protect their own and their foetuses' lives. "... er, passenger seat? Getting to hospital? Grip on reality?

Blue Cat May 5th 2009 6:40 am

Re: More madness from UAE Courts...

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7541903)

I particularly like "Salah Bu Farousha, head of traffic prosecution, said women in the third trimester of pregnancy should avoid driving altogether to protect their own and their foetuses' lives. "... er, passenger seat? Getting to hospital? Grip on reality?

bloody mental if you ask me, they do bugger all about kids and car seats though! :sneaky:

deemi786 May 5th 2009 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7541911)
bloody mental if you ask me, they do bugger all about kids and car seats though! :sneaky:

oh yes that really pi$$es me off, saw some mothers, (all nationalities i might add) driving to school this morning with their kids jumping around, waving their hands out the windows.

Whats wrong with these people!! The amount of kids I have seen DEAD, resulting from RTA's is astounding!!

Hello.Kitty May 5th 2009 6:44 am

yeah, saw a local woman leaving the hosp with her newborn laid on her lap in the passenger seat of her hubby's 4x4. The nurse handed her the infant without question.

I use one of those "bump-belt" things that stops the seatbelt riding up and cutting into your bump in the event of an abrupt stop, but some (if not most) would see that as quite paranoid. Maybe not now.

Blue Cat May 5th 2009 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7541918)
yeah, saw a local woman leaving the hosp with her newborn laid on her lap in the passenger seat of her hubby's 4x4. The nurse handed her the infant without question.

I use one of those "bump-belt" things that stops the seatbelt riding up and cutting into your bump in the event of an abrupt stop, but some (if not most) would see that as quite paranoid. Maybe not now.

it is a damn disgrace, I remember the same happening when we were leaving hospital with Rachel, we had a car seat all sorted out etc and fitted into the car. It will never change.

pauldxb May 5th 2009 8:31 am

I find that quite scary.... how many locals do you see with their children jumping all over thse back seats, ive even seen a child with his head out of the sunroof on SZR, i mean WTF !!!!!

Sky Blue May 5th 2009 10:39 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7542111)
I find that quite scary.... how many locals do you see with their children jumping all over thse back seats, ive even seen a child with his head out of the sunroof on SZR, i mean WTF !!!!!

Ive seen grown adults with their heads out the windows too! Arent most of these kids learning to drive anyhow? No wonder no one gives a toss about their speed, breaking distance, seat belts... Everyone does it so they don't see any harm in it...

BUT dont whatever you do flick a finger or the V sign that is REALLY dangerous to peoples lives and well being...

Confucius May 5th 2009 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7541903)

Yesterday i was fighting with a friend over this...She threatenned me with abandonment...

Confucius May 5th 2009 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7542391)
Ive seen grown adults with their heads out the windows too! Arent most of these kids learning to drive anyhow? No wonder no one gives a toss about their speed, breaking distance, seat belts... Everyone does it so they don't see any harm in it...

BUT dont whatever you do flick a finger or the V sign that is REALLY dangerous to peoples lives and well being...

The prevailing mindset here is: If it is written that you're going to die like that, then there's nothing you can do about it...

Madam Medusa May 5th 2009 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7542397)
Yesterday i was fighting with a friend over this...She threatenned me with abandonment...

story of your life, eh...

MM, xx

Confucius May 5th 2009 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7542407)
story of your life, eh...

MM, xx

Oh aye...I got labelled as a hypocrit...

Madam Medusa May 5th 2009 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7542410)
Oh aye...I got labelled as a hypocrit...

hypocrite even...

MM, xx

Confucius May 5th 2009 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7542416)
hypocrite even...

MM, xx

The electronic version is e-hypocrit...

Madam Medusa May 5th 2009 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7542423)
The electronic version is e-hypocrit...

yeah, that as well...

MM, xx

Confucius May 5th 2009 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7542428)
yeah, that as well...

MM, xx

Of course...