Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

More Crap news from my home town

More Crap news from my home town

Old May 7th 2012, 11:39 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default More Crap news from my home town

How does a packet of fags being nicked make local news??

I do love the descriptions given and the comment at the bottom.............

Oops. Link included this time

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/...ail/story.html

Last edited by britexpat76; May 7th 2012 at 12:14 pm.
Old May 7th 2012, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Crap news from my home town

missing a link me thinks!
Old May 7th 2012, 12:35 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Link Updated!
Old May 7th 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the 90s, my mate from London is visiting me in the US, he asks my neighbour if he has a fag, not realising that fag in the US has a very different meaning from the UK. The neighbour is just shocked and speechless, and I'm cracking up.

I waited a bit before explaining to them, cause I just wanted to laugh and see them squirm a bit
Old May 7th 2012, 3:19 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

This is still one of the best non-news stories ever posted, if only because of the comments.

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co....air_destroyed/

CHAIR DESTROYED
AN OFFICE chair was destroyed after it was set on fire on the grassy area, off Maude Street, Kendal, this afternoon.

Fire crews from Kendal attended along with police.

A spokesman for the fire and rescue service said: "A delinquent set fire to an office chair in the middle of a grassy area and it was extinguished using one hose jet."
"The chair knew the risks. Gang Warfare in Kendal is rife, and when you choose a side, you gotta be down with the risks. This was a declaration of war by the Standard Lamp Posse of Kendal. No-one messes with Lamps, Bo."
"Another tale of moral decline from our already debauched society. Ergonomic disasters of this magnitude were last seen during the fall of Rome.
"
"This story has affected me so much that I decided to compose a poem to vent my anguish..

Chair, Chair - over there?
Chair, Chair - on fire!
Chavs and Younglings everywhere.
His cells have the highest concentration of
midi-chlorians I have seen in a life form"
Old May 8th 2012, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

auzdafluff
This is still one of the best non-news stories ever posted, if only because of the comments.

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co....air_destroyed/
love it!
Old May 8th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britexpat76
How does a packet of fags being nicked make local news??

I do love the descriptions given and the comment at the bottom.............

Oops. Link included this time

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/...ail/story.html
Haha !! love this non-news story ! apart from the poor woman who was robbed of course......but "the 2 men were dressed in black" is a killer !!

were they wearing shades ? could they have been masquerading (?) as MiB -the bad-ass alien busters ? or jake & elwood blues ? did they shake their tail-feather ??

this could be great thread in the making....non-news stories !