a moral question

Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:53 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a moral question

Originally Posted by annacarna
If someone tells you summat, its not really confidential, but its about them, their personal life or of that nature, do you think it is acceptable to pass that info on to a third party, would you like it done to you.

I was going to do a poll, but thats too easy!
Its only acceptable to pass any confidential information on, if a work colleague told you it and as a result means you can use it to your advantage to further your career and leap frog them in the promotion / salary stakes....
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:16 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

spill the beans anna, i am a pillar of trust..
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:05 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

If someone tells you summat, its not really confidential, but its about them, their personal life or of that nature, do you think it is acceptable to pass that info on to a third party, would you like it done to you.

eh?

Of course it's bloody not, I never tell owt that's been told to me, especially by people on here....but if I told something about one of my mates and they found out they'd go crackers, and I'd be the same.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:13 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
eh?

Of course it's bloody not, I never tell owt that's been told to me, especially by people on here....but if I told something about one of my mates and they found out they'd go crackers, and I'd be the same.
But would you tell your wife? They say that a marriage should hold no secrets...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:15 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
But would you tell your wife? They say that a marriage should hold no secrets...
ah well, yeah I'd tell her some stuff about my mates, I mean you need someone to talk to, I wouldn't tell her stuff that she might think was bad, like my mate shagging around or summat.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If in doubt keep schtum.

-
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:28 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
yea? that is bollox though.

some things are best kept within..
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon that when that happens it changes from sharing things between friends to becoming the subject of gossip.

Respect and discretion at all times - it's the only way.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:29 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Don't listen.

....to all that mumbo jumbo, moralistic crap.

If in doubt, the mantra is "never let the truth stand in the way of a good rumour."

If it was private, why the fewk would they tell you in the first place???

Now, my confessional opens between the hours of....trust me, I'm a (please select from the following priest, doctor, gay boy, girlfriend, best mate, bar maid, boss, mother, father...or insert choice of your own. ____________________