Money from Iran

Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Money from Iran

Is anyone aware of a legitimate banking route for payments from Iran? UAE banks won't now deal with banks in Iran, so the only local route appears to be for UAE banks to deal with Iranian banks registered in UAE. However, I understand that Persia Int'l in Dubai won't deal with Iran either. Answers on a postcard...
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Money from Iran

Transfer the sum from Iran to Pakistan, and thence to the UAE?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:23 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83 View Post
Transfer the sum from Iran to Pakistan, and thence to the UAE?
...or send it to me and I'll pass it on to you....later.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:15 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Fedex?

or, do as Uncle Sam tells you and stop supplying to them...
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you contacted the Melli Iran Bank - there is one in Liwa Street, Abu Dhabi.

http://www.bmi.co.ae/
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:13 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie View Post
Have you contacted the Melli Iran Bank - there is one in Liwa Street, Abu Dhabi.

http://www.bmi.co.ae/
They're on the sanctions list.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:18 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse View Post
Fedex?

or, do as Uncle Sam tells you and stop supplying to them...
As a matter of principle why should a non-US company be restrained by the US from supply non-US goods to Iran?

And I've contemplated cash, but surprisingly can't find someone with big enough balls to bring the suitcase back through customs... Mind you, I suppose if the client REALLY wants to buy, they should bring the cash to me. But I somehow think someone might not like it, not least internal audit, external audit, customs and the banks here.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:21 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
As a matter of principle why should a non-US company be restrained by the US from supply non-US goods to Iran?
don't get me wrong. I agree with you, unless you are supplying those little timing devices needed for nuclear warheads.

And I've contemplated cash, but surprisingly can't find someone with big enough balls to bring the suitcase back through customs... Mind you, I suppose if the client REALLY wants to buy, they should bring the cash to me. But I somehow think someone might not like it, not least internal audit, external audit, customs and the banks here.
Western Union?!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going to tell us what you supply them with?? I'm sure that one of the regular traders sailing into at the Iranian Souk would be happy to get you the cash
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

What dodgy deals are you up to bahtatboy? You can give me a large suitcase of money if you like
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:04 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

hawala will work
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:06 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
hawala will work
Mmm...not sure internal audit would be entirely happy about transacting millions of dollars on an "honour" basis, with no documentary evidence.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:08 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by soukie View Post
Are you going to tell us what you supply them with?? I'm sure that one of the regular traders sailing into at the Iranian Souk would be happy to get you the cash
Nope, 'cept they weigh several tonnes and cost millions of dollars. And aren't covered by the sanctions ('cept the all-encompassing US ones).
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:11 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm...not sure internal audit would be entirely happy about transacting millions of dollars on an "honour" basis, with no documentary evidence.
its pretty much that or the suitcase option and to be fair they are probably more reliable than the banks here

or option d, never do any business with any us company ever again anywhere in the world