Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Mondaynight pub quiz...

Mondaynight pub quiz...

Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mondaynight pub quiz...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
the curse of the quiz strikes again...there really must be something wrong with alen1, he consistently comes back for more...

MM, xx
In my youth, I was beaten over the head by RC F’eds.

Talkin’ about Crocs: do you know that, if (in summer) you leave your Crocs outside in the sun, they will get really hot and soft and floppy? (Of what does that remind me?). Anyway, so, if you then take them inside and run them under the cold (which is, actually, quite warm in summer) water-tap to cool them, they will shrink to about 1/3 of their original size (more memories re-surfacing!).
If you are lucky enough to have an Italian Paisano - that happens to be in the trade - and he manages to blag for you a free mini-combi oven, you can set the oven to pure steam, insert the truncated Crocs and wait for c. 15 minutes. If you then remove the Crocs and – whilst they are still steamy hot - insert into their anus-equivalent a pair of shoe-trees of your foot size and then leave them to cool, after they have cooled, you will be able to insert your foot/foots into said Crocs. Unfortunately, your heels will no longer fit in the rear portion of the Crocs; so you will have to throw/give them away and buy a new pair: AED: 195 in Ace; AED: 150 in Festival City.

If we can make the quiz, we will be three. But might not be able to make it. How to communicate?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alen1
In my youth, I was beaten over the head by RC F’eds.

Talkin’ about Crocs: do you know that, if (in summer) you leave your Crocs outside in the sun, they will get really hot and soft and floppy? (Of what does that remind me?). Anyway, so, if you then take them inside and run them under the cold (which is, actually, quite warm in summer) water-tap to cool them, they will shrink to about 1/3 of their original size (more memories re-surfacing!).
If you are lucky enough to have an Italian Paisano - that happens to be in the trade - and he manages to blag for you a free mini-combi oven, you can set the oven to pure steam, insert the truncated Crocs and wait for c. 15 minutes. If you then remove the Crocs and – whilst they are still steamy hot - insert into their anus-equivalent a pair of shoe-trees of your foot size and then leave them to cool, after they have cooled, you will be able to insert your foot/foots into said Crocs. Unfortunately, your heels will no longer fit in the rear portion of the Crocs; so you will have to throw/give them away and buy a new pair: AED: 195 in Ace; AED: 150 in Festival City.

If we can make the quiz, we will be three. But might not be able to make it. How to communicate?
just let me know...
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
just let me know...
WILCO my Captain.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:25 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Some possibles for your quiz tonight:

50th anniversary of Motown

http://tv.msn.com/golden-globes/winners-list/
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:06 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

just let me know...
actually I'm working late, so may pop down for a few pints with you all, it's been ages.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
actually I'm working late, so may pop down for a few pints with you all, it's been ages.
yeah, you haven't come out with us for months, we're starting to get a complex...

MM, xx
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:56 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

well...we didn't to too well to be honest...
had a surprise guest turning up, if only he'd come sooner we could have had more pleasure out of it...but still, nice to see you TGitFKASE...
and the lovely Spugsy graced us with his presence as well...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:10 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

That may explain your failure to win...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

had a surprise guest turning up, if only he'd come sooner we could have had more pleasure out of it...but still, nice to see you TGitFKASE...
Hooray!

It was very nice to see you all as well, MH was 'tall' and lovely as ever, da warrior was incredibly nice and even gave me a hug when I left, scots expat sounds irish and MM was pissed as a rat,

happy days!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:41 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Hooray!

It was very nice to see you all as well, MH was 'tall' and lovely as ever, da warrior was incredibly nice and even gave me a hug when I left, scots expat sounds irish and MM was pissed as a rat,

happy days!
I only sounded Irish cos of the Kilkenny I was drinking!!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:43 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, wish DaWarrior hadnt started the What Does TGFKASE stand for conversation now.....
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:44 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Hmmm, wish DaWarrior hadnt started the What Does TGFKASE stand for conversation now.....
so many possibilities were mentioned but that was the one that stuck in my mind for some reason...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:46 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I only sounded Irish cos of the Kilkenny I was drinking!!!
..you must be losing your Doric brogue...been away too long ?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:47 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

so many possibilities were mentioned but that was the one that stuck in my mind for some reason...
Well, the rest were a series of insults where the first letter was substituted for a 'G'.. Git was one of the few that were spelt correctly, as I remember...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:48 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by MacScot
..you must be losing your Doric brogue...been away too long ?
I think Spugs was mistaking West Coast Scotland for Irish, TBH!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.