Modern Day Slaves

Old Jun 12th 2016, 4:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Modern Day Slaves

Originally Posted by scot47
In the West the slaves are those who sign up for a thirty-year mortgage. Working away to make that mortgage payment every month !
What did you do then?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Decade
You do whatever it takes to pay the mortgage off as soon as you possibly can- There is no sense in trying to save money while at the same time paying interest.
And you'd have us believe you sell investment advice? Delusional. Troll.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:28 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't we all slaves to keeping the misses happy?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:58 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
That's called compromise.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely not.

We are only responsible for our own happiness.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
the tips they keep and split but the amount total never goes to them, they get small commission at the end of the month from the total number of hours worked..IF the employer is a decent enough person, otherwise he can just tell them to Foxtrot Oscar and there isnt much they can do about it. I think the reason they cant give an invoice is a. they are not allowed to handle an empty invoice book, as an employer I wouldn't be comfortable with that either b. their daily routine is very fluid, sometimes an hours commitment can change to two, sometimes someone will confirm but then wont be home so thats a cancellation, sometimes one would join another one at another location and a two hour job can be finished in an hour. So difficult to give them pre-printed invoices I guess.
my maid always gives me an invoice....it's computer generated with a carbon copy so that I keep the copy and the original goes back to the office.

I figured they get paid a monthly salary regardless of how many hrs they do a month/
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
We always get an invoice but they sent three maids instead of two because they were running late, so guess it got lost or forgotten. They also always normally bring a register (with my name at the top) and they have their names written for each time they come and they INSIST every time I comment on their work. I think i've written Excellent every single time.

I've used some maid companies in the past who are utterly useless and clearly don't get looked after but this lot are genuinely excellent, really nice and friendly and always relaxed, like work isn't the worst thing in the world.

I might be wrong. But the Maid example is just weak anyway. What about the petrol pump guy? What about the worker in Maccy-Ds? What about the labourer? What about what about what about
SCAMP if you don't mind, care to share the contact details of this company?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

My Mrs helps make me happy.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

'economic slavery' for westerners is horsesh*t........we all have a choice when it comes to our own financial situation.

I don't think any one from the west comes to the UAE so that they can put food on the table for their families back home. Westerners come over to purely try and make as much money as possible.

Those who come from the subcontinent are usually in that kind of predicament ie desperate and hence accept jobs in which they are literally pimped out to their company/boss just to be able to send money back home to put food on the table, roof over their heads and clothes on the back of their family members.

Last edited by mission; Jun 13th 2016 at 10:45 am.