British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Moby (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/moby-723669/)

Spugsy Jul 5th 2011 10:16 am

Moby

Who went then? Did I miss a good night?

Auto?

Brains1983 Jul 5th 2011 10:22 am

Re: Moby

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9476119)
Who went then? Did I miss a good night?

Auto?

I quote enjoyed it. The bird he had on stage was a good singer. Forgot how many songs I knew. No queue for beer, all in all a good night!

Autonomy Jul 5th 2011 10:25 am

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah I went - it was really good.

Good set, mostly greatest hits type set - the more dancy ones were great. The tracks from Play were ok but hard to do live I think.

Not as good as The Streets, different, more polished but I liked it.

Wasn't full by any means but this meant easy to get in and out etc.

Spugsy Jul 5th 2011 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9476130)
Yeah I went - it was really good.

Good set, mostly greatest hits type set - the more dancy ones were great. The tracks from Play were ok but hard to do live I think.

Not as good as The Streets, different, more polished but I liked it.

Wasn't full by any means but this meant easy to get in and out etc.

Haven't seen him since Glastonbury 2000, and I was frazzled off my kebab, what a night though.

Autonomy Jul 5th 2011 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9476800)
Haven't seen him since Glastonbury 2000, and I was frazzled off my kebab, what a night though.

I'd worked out (festivals aside) the last time I saw him live was approx '97 at London Astoria.... blinding gig that was too....

Almost 15 furking years ago....

Spugsy Jul 6th 2011 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9477027)
I'd worked out (festivals aside) the last time I saw him live was approx '97 at London Astoria.... blinding gig that was too....

aye he played Newcastle in 2001 and was utterly amazing. Was anyone else on? DJs or owt?

co durham boy Jul 6th 2011 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9477027)

Ive had some very strange nights in there on a Saturday , wandering around the back room a little worse for wear at 5.00am....and from there down the road into the Breakfast Club for another dose of lunacy..

Ouch...I'm getting old..

Autonomy Jul 6th 2011 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9478055)
aye he played Newcastle in 2001 and was utterly amazing. Was anyone else on? DJs or owt?

Nope... no support at all.....

Autonomy Jul 6th 2011 7:40 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9478149)
Ive had some very strange nights in there on a Saturday , wandering around the back room a little worse for wear at 5.00am....and from there down the road into the Breakfast Club for another dose of lunacy..

Ouch...I'm getting old..

Dear God some of the stories I could tell you... if I could remember....

Big Beat Boutique, The Heavenly Social, Fabric, Blue Note and too many dark basements.... good times.

co durham boy Jul 6th 2011 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9478198)
Dear God some of the stories I could tell you... if I could remember....

Big Beat Boutique, The Heavenly Social, Fabric, Blue Note and too many dark basements.... good times.

That takes me back a bit , personel favorites were Full Circle , Bar Rhumba on a Tuesday , Rennaissance @ The Cross , Metalheadz on a Sunday , Club for Life and The End.

Did go to one of the Faith boat parties a few months ago which was really really good , the Boys Own fellas still know how to put on a great party , Terry Farley , Derrick Carter and Tony Humphries all playing while chugging up and down the Thames on a sunny Bank Holiday Sunday evening .