British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Mobile phone repairs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mobile-phone-repairs-774290/)

Millhouse Oct 11th 2012 3:14 am

Mobile phone repairs

Hello,

I've broken the screen on my blackberry... my company will obviously replace this but it's a phaff as our sh-IT guy is useless and I won't get it back before I have to travel again. Anyway - my maid tells me you can get the screens repaired for 120AED as her mate did just this, but she doesn't know where... I know the obvious answer is to ask her to ask her mate, but trust me that isn't the easiest solution.

I'm guessing somewhere in Satwa... any ideas?

TheShed Oct 11th 2012 3:50 am

Re: Mobile phone repairs

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10324729)
Hello,

I've broken the screen on my blackberry... my company will obviously replace this but it's a phaff as our sh-IT guy is useless and I won't get it back before I have to travel again. Anyway - my maid tells me you can get the screens repaired for 120AED as her mate did just this, but she doesn't know where... I know the obvious answer is to ask her to ask her mate, but trust me that isn't the easiest solution.

I'm guessing somewhere in Satwa... any ideas?

There is a little store called Minutes in Mall of the Emirates. Never used them myself (except for key cutting) but their mobile repair counter always seems to be mobbed. Its near the Columbia clothing store next to Dunkin Donuts. Hope it helps. :-)

Patsy Stoned Oct 11th 2012 3:55 am

try these darling

Easy Phone Trading, it's opposite the Dubai Muncipality in Satwa..

Millhouse Oct 11th 2012 4:09 am

Thanks everyone.

I'm going to be near Satwa at somepoint today - but don't know the municipality building - is this the blood test place, is the phone shop near the bike shop?

Ditzy Oct 11th 2012 11:40 am

Hi Millhouse
There are tons of them in Satwa, you can pretty much go into any of the little phone shops and ask, remember to negotiate a bit too. :thumbsup: There are also lots in Bur Dubai, if that's easier for you get to.

If you know where the blood test place is, yes, lots of shops across from there/in the same street.

Kix Oct 11th 2012 11:44 am

I got both my iPad and iPhone's screens repaired for only 300 on Bank Street in Bur Dubai, supermarket to the left of Barclays back, little kiosk inside on the right (UAE Exchange is to the left).

Took him 30 minutes for them both.

Highly recommended.

Millhouse Oct 11th 2012 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10325408)
I got both my iPad and iPhone's screens repaired for only 300 on Bank Street in Bur Dubai, supermarket to the left of Barclays back, little kiosk inside on the right (UAE Exchange is to the left).

Took him 30 minutes for them both.

Highly recommended.

Thanks everyone. I currently have it in the sh.IT department who are going to make a temp one up for me. New blackberry in a couple of weeks... seems I was óut of date' I'll get the old one back and get it fixed.

blue_dragon Oct 12th 2012 4:18 am

hi everyone I'm having blackberry 9700 since last 2 years.

It has been my pal since then, but just 1 month back my pal has started slowing down. Every now and then I'm restarting it.

Has it got old, or need to change it? ?Please advice as it is effecting my work.