British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Mitten is 5 today (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mitten-5-today-606998/)

Blue Cat May 4th 2009 4:52 am

Mitten is 5 today

Yes my Little Miss is celebrating her 5th Birthday today, where does the time go!! She went off to school this morning armed with chocolate cakes and sweets for all her friends, bless :wub:

littlejimmy May 4th 2009 5:01 am

Re: Mitten is 5 today

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7538891)
Yes my Little Miss is celebrating her 5th Birthday today, where does the time go!! She went off to school this morning armed with chocolate cakes and sweets for all her friends, bless :wub:

I didn't realise she was only less than a month older than my little princess. I'm hoping to be home for her 5th birthday on 1st June.

Happy Birthday, Blue Cat Junior!

Emerald_Eyes May 4th 2009 5:10 am

Ahh - I loved birthdays at that age. Happy birthday to Mitten! Is she having a party?

My favourite class treat that mum made was jelly boats. Scooped out orange halves filled with red, orange, green and yellow fruity jelly with a little flag stuck in the middle like a sail!

Blue Cat May 4th 2009 5:17 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7538901)
I didn't realise she was only less than a month older than my little princess. I'm hoping to be home for her 5th birthday on 1st June.

Happy Birthday, Blue Cat Junior!

I knew they were close in age, you must have forgotten.

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7538909)
Ahh - I loved birthdays at that age. Happy birthday to Mitten! Is she having a party?

My favourite class treat that mum made was jelly boats. Scooped out orange halves filled with red, orange, green and yellow fruity jelly with a little flag stuck in the middle like a sail!

No party this year, we are a bit strapped for cash to be honest with you what with the bad start we had to the beginning of the year, our cash is better in the bank at the minute. She had a birthday weekend last weekend where she did all the things she wanted to do. Ski Dubai, Play area, McDonald's, The Toy Store, Chinese for dinner, the Movies with her Dad. Today I gave her a little gold star on a chain, she is my little star :)

Love the idea of jelly boats!! will do that next year :)

littlejimmy May 4th 2009 5:21 am

Yep. Memory like a...thing with holes...:p

I like the jelly boats idea as well. :thumbup:

Emerald_Eyes May 4th 2009 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7538919)
I knew they were close in age, you must have forgotten.

No party this year, we are a bit strapped for cash to be honest with you what with the bad start we had to the beginning of the year, our cash is better in the bank at the minute. She had a birthday weekend last weekend where she did all the things she wanted to do. Ski Dubai, Play area, McDonald's, The Toy Store, Chinese for dinner, the Movies with her Dad. Today I gave her a little gold star on a chain, she is my little star :)

Love the idea of jelly boats!! will do that next year :)

That sounds like a pretty good birthday weekend to me! I'd be happy with that :)

Yep - the jelly boats can be messy but they're not too difficult. Plus you can use the pulp in the jelly, fruit salad or for juice.

deemi786 May 4th 2009 5:36 am

Awww, Happy Birthday little one......

MrsHawkes May 4th 2009 5:43 am

Aww, Happy Birthday Mitten.

I used to love a Hedgehog cake when i was little. I still do in fact! :lol:

It's my niece 1st birthday on Wed. This is when i miss home:( I'll skype though.

Mrs H

lionheart May 4th 2009 5:46 am

Happy Birthday wishes from Jasmine who will be six in October...

banter64 May 4th 2009 5:58 am

oooh happy birthday Miss Blue Cat :wub:

So now she is 5 is it not time for another one :eek::eek:

seraphnina May 4th 2009 6:52 am

Happy Birthday little Miss Mitten.:cake:

Grace O Malley May 4th 2009 8:57 am

Happy Birthday Mitten.

Ah bless hope she has a nice party at school today!

BC cherish these years as when they become teenagers they become a real pain in the ASS. and yes that is all teenagers.... I thought i had got away with the teenage dramas but trust me they may be late coming but they do come eventually.........

Nic1 May 4th 2009 1:09 pm

Happy Birthday :):thumbup:

Agree Anna, it's like a roller coaster in my house these days!!

I used to love the red jelly in the shape of a rabbit with green jelly all roundas grass. Yummy.

N

moto111 May 4th 2009 1:12 pm

Happy Birthday to Mitten today, hope she is having a great day and looking forward to seeing her nanna:)

Alexa May 4th 2009 2:05 pm

Happy Birthday pretty little Mitten !