Mitsubishi Eclipse

Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mitsubishi Eclipse

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...y.do?loc=en-us

bloody lovely! saw one on the SZR but apparently they aren't on sale here yet
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:39 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...y.do?loc=en-us

bloody lovely! saw one on the SZR but apparently they aren't on sale here yet
Neah... Japanese junk if you ask me.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Neah... Japanese junk if you ask me.
In that case am currently driving a piece of Japanese Junk then
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:50 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Hahahaha... I'm not, don't like Japanese cars, never have.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:14 pm

Didn't want to insult you either....
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Didn't want to insult you either....
But? Stoned shit less so who cares?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:50 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

It's got more than a hint of 350z/TT about it dont you think? Which is a good thing. Front wheel drive layout is dissapointing as is the power output given the capacity of the engine. Generally speaking I dont find Mitsubishi build cars as well as their rivals. Have you considered a Mazda MX5?

I like Japanese cars but I might be prejudice (Currently driving a '93 Honda Accord Inspire that never misses a beat, I bought it over 3 years ago with the intention of replacing it after a few months when it died ).
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

mikeleavingoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
It's got more than a hint of 350z/TT about it dont you think? Which is a good thing. Front wheel drive layout is dissapointing as is the power output given the capacity of the engine. Generally speaking I dont find Mitsubishi build cars as well as their rivals. Have you considered a Mazda MX5?

I like Japanese cars but I might be prejudice (Currently driving a '93 Honda Accord Inspire that never misses a beat, I bought it over 3 years ago with the intention of replacing it after a few months when it died ).

350Z and 2000 model TT is spot on... (edit: just saw front end pics looks like the old japanese Mitsu FTO's cross Hyundi Lantra).
I thought the 350Z were nice, but have awful blind spots making it difficult to drive. Haven't driven a TT, but like them... SHIT - just give me a Mazda RX8 out of this type of sports care any day, except i hate the centre console which runs all the way to the rear seat - but oh well, not sitting in back!!

I think I will take a 2001 model CLK430 or E240 when I arrive. Out of my price range in Australia, but not in UAE

Last edited by mikeleavingoz; Aug 8th 2008 at 12:45 am.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse

Originally Posted by mikeleavingoz
Mazda RX8 out of this type of sports care any day, except i hate the centre console which runs all the way to the rear seat - but oh well, not sitting in back!!
It's quite a nice car but if I'm honest it didnt tick the right boxes for me because it was neither earth shatteringly fast nor perticularly agile (Well that combined with the fuel and oil consumption and biting my nails about the tip seals), but if I needed rear seats it'd be the one to have.

Pontiac Solstice perhaps? Not renouned for being fast or agile (compared wityh an MX-5) and is a little more expensive than an Eclipse but there is something about its looks .

I've never driven it though so Jury is out, test it and descide for yourself.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic

Pontiac Solstice perhaps? Not renouned for being fast or agile (compared wityh an MX-5) and is a little more expensive than an Eclipse but there is something about its looks .
yeah....shit...
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:28 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah....shit...
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:56 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah....shit...
I would accuse it of being a Jag rip-off, look how many areas it looks like the old XK and F-type concept. But then I thought the new XK shared many common design points with a Hyundai Coupe .

Last edited by Charismatic; Aug 8th 2008 at 4:01 pm.