British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Missing Princess (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/missing-princess-937182/)

smallpiff Feb 17th 2021 12:57 pm

Missing Princess
 
I know they are all princesses down in Bur Dubai, but has anyone spotted a missing local gal?
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/16/m...ntl/index.html

flares Feb 17th 2021 2:49 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 
This is big news in UK. Lead story on BBC news over the past few days. Recall watching the documentary few years ago. Interested to see how this plays out.

scot47 Feb 17th 2021 3:56 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 
Maybe she really is bi-polar ?

nonthaburi Feb 17th 2021 5:39 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by flares (Post 12974535)
This is big news in UK. Lead story on BBC news over the past few days. Recall watching the documentary few years ago. Interested to see how this plays out.

UK government will say the right things, Dubai will not comment or deny, the queen will not publicly snub because UK racing would probably collapse without him.

It will blow over and be yesterday's news in no time.

Scamp Feb 18th 2021 7:13 am

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 12974607)
UK government will say the right things, Dubai will not comment or deny, the queen will not publicly snub because UK racing would probably collapse without him.

It will blow over and be yesterday's news in no time.

This seems about right.

scot47 Feb 18th 2021 6:37 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 
Can't we send a gunboat ?

captainflack Feb 19th 2021 11:56 am

Re: Missing Princess
 
I can only assume this is "fake news" because there is nothing on the The National about this, not even when I search in their site for "Latifa". :lol:

I am not sure "Sheikh Mo is a ******" is news really. Except to people in Dubai who get their news from the local media.

fth Feb 21st 2021 6:05 am

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 12974607)
UK racing would probably collapse without him.

Doubt it. He just has one massive stable and whilst he uses a few other stables, there are plenty of trainers doing very well without his cash. Don't forget, there's plenty of other people out there with cash to burn on pre-pedigree chum material....

nonthaburi Feb 21st 2021 7:31 am

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by fth (Post 12975830)
Doubt it. He just has one massive stable and whilst he uses a few other stables, there are plenty of trainers doing very well without his cash. Don't forget, there's plenty of other people out there with cash to burn on pre-pedigree chum material....

Maybe not collapse then but would definitely leave a huge gap without him.

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.o...%2Fuk-56119788

scot47 Feb 21st 2021 12:22 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 
On Not Being a Princess - Craig Murray

My buddy Craig hits the nail on the head. Like me he is unlikely to be in the next Honours List.

Scamp Feb 21st 2021 12:55 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12975917)
On Not Being a Princess - Craig Murray

My buddy Craig hits the nail on the head. Like me he is unlikely to be in the next Honours List.

He sugar coats his opinions heavily doesn't he?

scot47 Feb 21st 2021 2:33 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 
He had years of training in The Foreign Office until he p*ssed them off by pointing out thet the Ruler of Uzbekistan was a bloodthirsty tyrant. In the same mold as Clive Ponting. We need more like him.

Scamp Feb 22nd 2021 5:46 am

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12975970)
He had years of training in The Foreign Office until he p*ssed them off by pointing out thet the Ruler of Uzbekistan was a bloodthirsty tyrant. In the same mold as Clive Ponting. We need more like him.

I'd never heard of the chap but was surprised to see where he'd been working for the FCO yet held such strong views on a topic such as this.

flares Feb 22nd 2021 9:16 am

Re: Missing Princess
 
Do you know his better half? :wub:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-Craig.html

NorthernLad Feb 22nd 2021 10:21 am

Re: Missing Princess
 
'...he is to marry his girlfriend Nadira Alieva, the former stripper-turned-actress for whom he swapped his wife and two children.'

'She looks after me very well when I get one of my depressions.'

I'm feeling rather depressed right now.

Millhouse Feb 22nd 2021 10:36 am

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 12976162)
'...he is to marry his girlfriend Nadira Alieva, the former stripper-turned-actress for whom he swapped his wife and two children.'

'She looks after me very well when I get one of my depressions.'

I'm feeling rather depressed right now.

I've seen giraffes with shorter necks.

nonthaburi Feb 22nd 2021 12:37 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12976167)
I've seen giraffes with shorter necks.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for that though.

scot47 Feb 22nd 2021 4:17 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by flares (Post 12976152)

In polite circles, a wife remains in purdah.

Scamp Feb 23rd 2021 5:40 am

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by flares (Post 12976152)


Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 12976162)
'...he is to marry his girlfriend Nadira Alieva, the former stripper-turned-actress for whom he swapped his wife and two children.'

'She looks after me very well when I get one of my depressions.'

I'm feeling rather depressed right now.

So we're saying it's a classy and reputable source to be casting scorn and judgement, right?

HiHo Feb 23rd 2021 2:10 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 
If the UAE has lost another princess I'm sure the Saudis will have a whip-round and send them some. Honestly you can't swing a cat without hitting two or three in Riyadh.

NorthernLad May 11th 2021 12:21 pm

Re: Missing Princess
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12975930)
He sugar coats his opinions heavily doesn't he?

One step too far..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nths-jail.html



All times are GMT. The time now is 4:34 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.