Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Miserable old gits thread. Your opportunity to moan about the modern world

Miserable old gits thread. Your opportunity to moan about the modern world

Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:30 am
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Miserable old gits thread. Your opportunity to moan about the modern world

the arshehats that ask me what's wrong when I tell them I don't have children!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 1:13 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miserable old gits thread. Your opportunity to moan about the modern world

Originally Posted by K8-notlate
the arshehats that ask me what's wrong when I tell them I don't have children!
what's wrong ?
Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:15 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
But you do look a tad chubby in that outfit you're wearing. You would look much slinkier in a stripy number, my dear.
I'll hold him, Kittycat, you hit him.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

@ bahtatboy

k8- I know- I am sick of the why are you single, why do you not have kids- I got it from the taxi driver on the way home tonight- git! and after spending a week with my nephew I can give a million and 1 reasons why I don't and won't have kids! Feel sorry for me- at least I can sleep at night and don't look like shite everyday! pahah
Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:50 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I like this thread. Can anyone join in? I am sometimes called Victor Meldrew.My moan..."I went to the ATM machine" the M stands for machine!!!

What is your PIN number?....The N stands for number.

Oh, and cold weather.
Sorry but I bagged that one first.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:20 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
nice... mine is only 13mins with a conference organizer. You can extend it by picking up and saying 'sorry, bad line, can you repeat' every 8 mins or so.
They are the bane of my working day...I get two or three per day, mainly because my company is at the No. 1 spot on Google for Dubai and the Middle East.

I never go to any conferences - all a waste of time and money - and too shallow.

They always seem to read from a spiel on their computer but I interrupt and ask them which service of my company they are asking for. They usually say they are not interested in any services from my company and that's when I hang up.

By the way, the richest man in Scotland (some GBP 700 million) is a conference organiser - so there must be excess profit in that industry.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:27 pm
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MacScot
They are the bane of my working day...I get two or three per day, mainly because my company is at the No. 1 spot on Google for Dubai and the Middle East.

I never go to any conferences - all a waste of time and money - and too shallow.

They always seem to read from a spiel on their computer but I interrupt and ask them which service of my company they are asking for. They usually say they are not interested in any services from my company and that's when I hang up.

By the way, the richest man in Scotland (some GBP 700 million) is a conference organiser - so there must be excess profit in that industry.
Yes, it's designed to weigh on the weak - those who can't stand up for themeselves and say 'I know this stuff, I can read thank you very much', instead it's an opportunity for someone to sit there and have it read parrot fashion to them. From someone who was sent on too many of these things by my old company (morons).
Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

american spell checkers.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:06 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
american spell checkers.
That's chequers, you dumb mofo. Oh, hang on, that might not be quite right...
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:52 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

HSBC, I have been waiting 2 months now for a pin number, sorry pi number.

And Gypo's (Egyptians) I just cannot tolerate been in the same room as them, we had 8 in our company when I started 2 years ago, we now have one and he will be gone soon,yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid, lazy people who don't write properly. Is it really so hard to punctuate and use capital letters?