Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Miserable old gits thread. Your opportunity to moan about the modern world

Miserable old gits thread. Your opportunity to moan about the modern world

Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miserable old gits thread. Your opportunity to moan about the modern world

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Illiterate airlines and airline staff.

"On behalf of myself..." WTF? If s/he was boarding the 5:15 I'd be more tolerant, but unless you're 'king quadrophenic how the **** can you speak on behalf of yourself?

"We kindly request you to..." So you believe you're being kind to request me to do something? Arrogant twats.

And that god-awful yellow stuff they serve up masquerading as quiche--tried it once and could taste it for 3 days afterwards.

All the above courtesy of KLM, arguably the rudest airline in the world.
I never ever eat plane food, no matter how long the flight. If I have to, I would take a sandwich on board. Unless the flight originates from Cairo, where the nil-by-mouth rule has to apply.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:53 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miserable old gits thread. Your opportunity to moan about the modern world

i dont discriminate much so i pretty much hate everybody in the world

particular gripes today would be:

driving standards here, largely due to a prick in a patrol i'd gladly execute and save evolution the time

hinglish and crappy translations from arabic

emails with terms like "do the needful",

phone calls that go something like
"do you want xyz"
"excuse me who are you"
"yes but i'm going to give you all this free"
"great mate but who are you and why are you calling me"
"its an amazing offer free"
"brilliant but who the **** are you"
"oh i'm from xyz bank"
"ok now what do you want"
"oh so you dont want yxz"
"mate i havent a ****ing clue what your talking about"
"oh......its a credit card"
"ok whats the apr"
"its a brilliant 1.09%"
"really i ****ing doubt that, do you know what an apr is"
"no"
"ok go and ask your boss, I'll wait"
"........ah sir its free"
"thats nice so you wont charge any interest at all"
"no its 3%"
"ok so its free, 1.09% and 3% all at once"
"yes"
"tell you what, i'll wait again now go ask the big boss what the apr is"
"....ah ok sirmam its 39%"
"well thats nice for you but really ****s me over eh"
"sorry sir i dont understand"
"clearly"
"so if you'll just send me your passport and address and we will give you a free second card"
"hang on a minute will you i have another call with a different thieving bar steward"

put phone down and see how long they wait till hanging up. my record is rak bank and 20 mins

and on and ****ing on and ****ing on it goes, if the money wasnt ok id be long ****ing gone
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:06 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

"...and what is your good name, sir?"...well I would love to tell him my bad name. Also, why do they always insist on asking "...and you're from which company, sir?" even when it's a personal call.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:09 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

i'll add another, when somebody calls you and then doesnt say anything for ages finally you ask what they want and they reapet the question. WTF you called me numbnuts.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
put phone down and see how long they wait till hanging up. my record is rak bank and 20 mins
nice... mine is only 13mins with a conference organizer. You can extend it by picking up and saying 'sorry, bad line, can you repeat' every 8 mins or so.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:15 am
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
nice... mine is only 13mins with a conference organizer. You can extend it by picking up and saying 'sorry, bad line, can you repeat' every 8 mins or so.
Especially the nimrods from Marcus Evans
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:02 am
**** it we'll do it live

yet another one.
add the wankers in south korean boiler rooms to the list
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:30 am
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shiva
yet another one.
add the wankers in south korean boiler rooms to the list
Eh? *hand flies over top of head*
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The bogwallah:

The guy who has the unfortunate job of sitting in the toilets all day and waiting outside the cubicle while you have a shit. The guy then pushes pass you as you leave so he can flush it again for no reason whatsoever.

why why why. it's just so wrong.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
The bogwallah:

The guy who has the unfortunate job of sitting in the toilets all day and waiting outside the cubicle while you have a shit. The guy then pushes pass you as you leave so he can flush it again for no reason whatsoever.

why why why. it's just so wrong.
or the bogpocalypse wankers, who feel the need to spray water up the walls, over the floor,on the door, over the bog itself and even on the ceiling, yet walk out dry as a bone.......how is that even possible
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

returning to work after a few days off, and the first thing anyone says to you is oo madam you've put on weight- even after being told several times it is very very rude to comment like this, and then arguing that you are in fact the same weight as when you left the office.. I now play the same game and whenever they wear something new comment on their weight etc, and how nice it must be that their husbands don't mind that they have gained a few pounds.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:33 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Having to drag every piece of information out of some-one who is purportedly in customer care / customer service type role….

Hi. I woudl like to book an appointment for Saturday please
* When on Saturday
How about Saturday morning
* Sorry we are closed Saturday morning
Ok how about Saturday afternoon
* Sorry we are closed Saturday afternoon
Ok when are you open on Saturday
* We don’t open on Saturday….

So why the fook did you just not say that right at the beginning….
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The illiterati being in charge of officialdom in the UK.

How many forms have I completed in connection with my kids where, when asked for Ethnic Origin, there is one box for Asian, and the others for Chinese, Japanese and so on.

And--stealing from Millie here--queues one deep and fifty wide, in evidence at Musaffah Traffic Police Station this morning, with PC Abdul-Plods half way through dealing with my paperwork when someone leans over my shoulder, presents their paperwork, and the ****head PC starts dealing with that.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:08 am