British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Mirdiff (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mirdiff-581951/)

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2009 1:58 pm

Mirdiff

I have a new client who is arriving next week, I need to find him a villa in Mirdiff on a budget of 200k. Do I stand a cat in hells chance or not? He needs something with a small garden as he has a dog. Two beds is fine. Which the best part of Mirdiff (quietest). I have a friend behind Spinneys and I dont hear the planes when I am at her place. Thanks x

admon Jan 5th 2009 2:02 pm

Re: Mirdiff

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7128590)
I have a new client who is arriving next week, I need to find him a villa in Mirdiff on a budget of 200k. Do I stand a cat in hells chance or not? He needs something with a small garden as he has a dog. Two beds is fine. Which the best part of Mirdiff (quietest). I have a friend behind Spinneys and I dont hear the planes when I am at her place. Thanks x

lots of to let signs up there, have a drive around.

Quietest parts are where you have said, or from spinneys roundabout, turn left towards warqaa and take the first right.
All the way down there on the left hand side of that road is off the flight path - gets better the further down the road. But stay left, as right means noise..

If all that makes any sense whatsoever in reading then you most definitely haven't had a drink yet..

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2009 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7128602)
lots of to let signs up there, have a drive around.

Quietest parts are where you have said, or from spinneys roundabout, turn left towards warqaa and take the first right.
All the way down there on the left hand side of that road is off the flight path - gets better the further down the road. But stay left, as right means noise..

If all that makes any sense whatsoever in reading then you most definitely haven't had a drink yet..

I come the other way from here, so Spinneys is on my right hand side, so straight over the roundabout, first right and concentrate on that area. Funnily enough that is where my friend lives. I am coming over Sunday to have a drive round and view what is available.

admon Jan 5th 2009 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7128609)
I come the other way from here, so Spinneys is on my right hand side, so straight over the roundabout, first right and concentrate on that area. Funnily enough that is where my friend lives. I am coming over Sunday to have a drive round and view what is available.

nope wrong way.

go into spinneys car park, come back out, then the directions i gave make (some) sense..

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2009 2:14 pm

got you!!! thanks :thumbup:

Ethos83 Jan 5th 2009 2:14 pm

I checked Dubizzle and there are quite a few villas in Mirdiff for less than 200,000, and most have 3+ bedrooms. Are those just pipe dreams, gone before you even call the number?

Also, does it have to be Mirdiff?

Lord behold: there are 2 bed, 2 bed+study in the springs for 160-180,000 and even payable in 2-3 cheques!

Landlords are getting desperate.

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2009 2:15 pm

he will be working at Festival City so Mirdif I think is a good bet, especially on that budget. What about all the new stuff up there, are they finished? who leases them?

admon Jan 5th 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 7128634)
I checked Dubizzle and there are quite a few villas in Mirdiff for less than 200,000, and most have 3+ bedrooms. Are those just pipe dreams, gone before you even call the number?

Also, does it have to be Mirdiff?

Lord behold: there are 2 bed, 2 bed+study in the springs for 160-180,000 and even payable in 2-3 cheques!

Landlords are getting desperate.

not that desperate.. start of 2006 2 bed + study were around 70k
2005 55-60k..

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2009 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7128642)
not that desperate.. start of 2006 2 bed + study were around 70k
2005 55-60k..

and no one wanted them! they stood empty for months, just like they will now!!

admon Jan 5th 2009 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7128639)
he will be working at Festival City so Mirdif I think is a good bet, especially on that budget. What about all the new stuff up there, are they finished? who leases them?

a couple of people I know enquired about the new villas back in oct/nov.

Apparently all being held back until May. No idea of price.
Its a Dubai Properties development, but there are hoardings around thre with numbers on (if I remember rightly)

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2009 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7128649)
a couple of people I know enquired about the new villas back in oct/nov.

Apparently all being held back until May. No idea of price.
Its a Dubai Properties development, but there are hoardings around thre with numbers on (if I remember rightly)

ok I will check them out when I come over, but we need something by the 18th of Jan so they are probably out of the question. Fingers crossed I can find something.

Spugsy Jan 5th 2009 2:32 pm

yeah Iw ould have thoguht so petal, yeah if you go behind spinneys down 51swt street (or summat) there's loads round there and the planes aren't so bad.

A client?? oh aye :)

Blue Cat Jan 5th 2009 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7128684)
yeah Iw ould have thoguht so petal, yeah if you go behind spinneys down 51swt street (or summat) there's loads round there and the planes aren't so bad.

A client?? oh aye :)

doing a bit of relocation work :thumbup:

Spugsy Jan 5th 2009 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7128652)
ok I will check them out when I come over, but we need something by the 18th of Jan so they are probably out of the question. Fingers crossed I can find something.

keep me up to date petal, we're right on the flight path and could do with moving in 4 or 5 months when our lease is up, we'd need a 2 bed villa.

bearfus Jan 5th 2009 5:17 pm

BC, also look at the villas that are in Warqa - that is, opposite Dragonmart... Access is easy from the 44 (awir Road) coming back down to Emirates Road, Signed Noukochot (sp?) Street oppo Dragonmart... a friend of mine just moved out a few weeks ago from there, it was a big villa with big (but undeveloped) walled garden (ie sandpit!) and Mirdiff central 5 mins drive, Festival City ?15 mins...