Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Minor Rant and humbling moment

Minor Rant and humbling moment

Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Minor Rant and humbling moment

For about the 15th time this year I showed a guy how to use an ATM today, took him through where to put the card etc.

This time though the poor bastard hadn't been paid yet, I've seldom seen another person go from excited to shoulders and head dropped so fast.

Humbling doesn't come close

The rant part is this.

I can understand and see the logic behind insisting everyone is paid into a bank account but surely the government should also insist that people are actually being paid on time and that they know how to actually access their money.

These guys are grabbed from god only knows where and dumped here, ****ed over at work and then given a bit of plastic they have no ****ing idea how to use. WTF must they be thinking when given these and told thats your salary just go to a machine you have no idea how to use to get it.

Last edited by shiva; Dec 6th 2012 at 6:45 am.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minor Rant and humbling moment

and as it is is the 6th today and I am assuming he was to be paid on the 1st? ridiculous system, half these men can't read and write never mind use a bank card.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:06 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

So you gave him some money for lunch then?
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:10 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
So you gave him some money for lunch then?
he wouldn't take any
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:14 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
he wouldn't take any
Poor bastard.

Where do you work? You've seen it before?
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:16 am
**** it we'll do it live

Poor bastard.

Where do you work? You've seen it before?
work from home but have had this happen all over town
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:18 am
WWLLCJD?

work from home but have had this happen all over town
You're right though. The government should have more input and control over businesses ACTUALLY paying people.

Problem is those chaps don't have a voice.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

One of the reasons behind the WPS was for people to get paid on time.

It's wrong to treat people the way so many companies do here. Sickening and hypocritical.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Meow View Post

It's wrong to treat people the way so many companies do here. Sickening and hypocritical.
And it didn't take the more 'Unscrupulous Employers' long to get around the WPS either!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 9:25 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Meow View Post

i agree with the WPS and hope that they eventually enforce it properly but to give someone an atm card they have no idea how to use is just cruel
Old Dec 6th 2012, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Poor bastard.
I saw a poor old lady slip over on the pavement today. At least I presume she was poor, coz she only had Dhs15 in her purse boom boom.

Last edited by mentalist; Dec 6th 2012 at 10:01 am.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

For about the 15th time this year I showed a guy how to use an ATM today, took him through where to put the card etc.

This time though the poor bastard hadn't been paid yet, I've seldom seen another person go from excited to shoulders and head dropped so fast.

Humbling doesn't come close

The rant part is this.

I can understand and see the logic behind insisting everyone is paid into a bank account but surely the government should also insist that people are actually being paid on time and that they know how to actually access their money.

These guys are grabbed from god only knows where and dumped here, ****ed over at work and then given a bit of plastic they have no ****ing idea how to use. WTF must they be thinking when given these and told thats your salary just go to a machine you have no idea how to use to get it.
......... but he knew his PIN number??
Old Dec 6th 2012, 11:27 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
......... but he knew his PIN number??
yes, he wasnt an idiot, just clearly had never used an ATM before. I would assume someone stressed that he should know it when he was given the bank card
Old Dec 6th 2012, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat View Post
And it didn't take the more 'Unscrupulous Employers' long to get around the WPS either!

and the bastard banks charging them 50AED a month as well

I'll never forget the look on one of my lads faces when I tried to explain what they'd done, he just looked at me and said "so they stole 50AED from me ?"
Old Dec 6th 2012, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with the WPS and hope that they eventually enforce it properly

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.