Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Middle East and a shit diet

Middle East and a shit diet

Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:46 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Middle East and a shit diet

So after feeling quite shitty in the last few weeks/months I decided to bite the bullet and see a quack before I had a cardiac arrest. Blood pressure is high but not massive, the blood tests have shown my Cholesterol is 3 x what is classed as high (both counts good and bad).

It seems the diet of White wine, takeaways and Marlboro Red is taking its toll. Has anyone else had this problem out here and how can you manage it?

I have just ordered chicken salad for lunch, my life has ended...................
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle East and a shit diet

Originally Posted by britexpat76 View Post
So after feeling quite shitty in the last few weeks/months I decided to bite the bullet and see a quack before I had a cardiac arrest. Blood pressure is high but not massive, the blood tests have shown my Cholesterol is 3 x what is classed as high (both counts good and bad).

It seems the diet of White wine, takeaways and Marlboro Red is taking its toll. Has anyone else had this problem out here and how can you manage it?

I have just ordered chicken salad for lunch, my life has ended...................
Yeah, I had similar problems. You want to be careful - I ended up diabetic, which puts the kibosh on things....
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The following is one of numerous options:

6 "meals" a day.
Each meal consists of lean protein plus a small amount of complex carbs.
1 or 2 meals can be protein powder (whey isolate) + oats or low-GI fruit. Or a handful of nuts and low-fat yoghurt.
You must eat good fat (eg olive oil, oily fish).
Drink lots of water.
Exercise at least 3 days a week, sufficient to build up a sweat, but ideally 6 days a week.
Cut back on beer--even though its very existence is proof that God loves us, for some perverse reason its bad for cholesterol.

More details available here: http://bodyforlife.com/
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:55 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Is taking the tablets he gave me (Lipanthyl) the easy way out, whilst watching my diet?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Is taking the tablets he gave me (Lipanthyl) the easy way out, whilst watching my diet?
The easy way to gradual decline.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 9:58 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, although I use Simvastatin. Increase your physical cardiovascular exercise to increase the 'good' stuff and you're done.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:00 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
Yes, although I use Simvastatin. Increase your physical cardiovascular exercise to increase the 'good' stuff and you're done.
So these tablets are alright? They also gave me Legalon for my Liver
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:01 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by mikewot View Post
Taking cholesterol-controlling pills, doing CV and "watching your diet" isn't going to counter the effects of booze, fags and takeaways.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:03 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Taking cholesterol-controlling pills, doing CV and "watching your diet" isn't going to counter the effects of booze, fags and takeaways.
The fags and booze will stay, just need google to tell me which ones are better than others. I have started only drinking Vodka, Cranberry and soda lately which is a way better hangover than cider and wine. The food I can sacrifice................
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

go here, read it, follow it, get healthy whilst eating bacon

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welco...#axzz2Evf4bfSl
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The fags and booze will stay, just need google to tell me which ones are better than others. I have started only drinking Vodka, Cranberry and soda lately which is a way better hangover than cider and wine. The food I can sacrifice................
You need to reduce the booze and fags (and switch to lighter ones) and eat a lot more fruit and veg. Unless you are seriously ill you don't need to give up anything, just have less bad stuff and more good stuff. Rebalance your diet and lifestyle.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:42 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
You need to reduce the booze and fags (and switch to lighter ones) and eat a lot more fruit and veg. Unless you are seriously ill you don't need to give up anything, just have less bad stuff and more good stuff. Rebalance your diet and lifestyle.
I did just order a salad for the 1st time in my life, not sure how the body is going to cope with it. Not seriously ill, but I knew my BP was high hence the trip to quack. Had ECG - all good with the tick tock seems that the sky high cholesterol will cause the high BP. Control the cholesterol and I should be fine. Oh, and try not to lose my temper - which I don't very often.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:43 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Fat Bastard.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

If it's not a stupid question........... are you actually overweight? Or is it just a cholesterol/blood pressure/etc jobby?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 10:46 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Fat Bastard.
Your next for it Scamp! Enjoy your Macdonalds for now amigo...........

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.