Middle East ebay

Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Middle East ebay

Found this- you can now but all sorts of crap here- woohoo!

http://www.souq.com/home.php

Whats the most random thing you have bought from ebay?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:44 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle East ebay

Souq.com has been around for years...
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Souq.com has been around for years...
and it's shite
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:46 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Except that most of the crap is for sale from crappy sellers who believe a) they can get 90% of the new price for something that's knackered, or b) when they're buyers, believe they can buy it for 10% of the new price when its 1 day old.

Dubizzle's far better, but still not a patch on Ebay.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'd never come across it before! At keast it has pictures by the time the pictures come up on Dubizzle the stuffs sold.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:53 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Or there's this which has got to have one of the weirdest websites ever. Run by an Egyptian who dates from the Middle Pharonic Era. Shop's a shambles, just behind Prestige Motors.

http://www.useditemsuae.com/home.php
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
Well I'd never come across it before! At keast it has pictures by the time the pictures come up on Dubizzle the stuffs sold.
my car isn't sold yet http://tnydu.biz/DOfjkq nice pic of her
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Or there's this which has got to have one of the weirdest websites ever. Run by an Egyptian who dates from the Middle Pharonic Era. Shop's a shambles, just behind Prestige Motors.

http://www.useditemsuae.com/home.php
The shop's a palace compared to the warehouse at Mina!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Except that most of the crap is for sale from crappy sellers who believe a) they can get 90% of the new price for something that's knackered, or b) when they're buyers, believe they can buy it for 10% of the new price when its 1 day old.

Dubizzle's far better, but still not a patch on Ebay.
I have tried to sell a few times on Souq.com recently. The first question I get from buyers is 'what is your last price' (when it is set with no reserve), whereas an auction it should be the buyers asking themselves what is the highest price they would go to. Fair enough to offer a lower price when it has been listed for a while with no bids but as soon as the auction starts?

Have also had a number of bidders who did not follow through with their purchase. Seems to happen with the higher value items (furniture, electronics) but not the cheaper stuff like DVDs.

On the other hand I sold my car on Dubizzle. Had to pull the ad after 3 hours because the response was so good. Ended up selling to the first responder who viewed my car straight after work that evening and agreed to wait until my new car was ready a week later.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jebelaligardener View Post
I have tried to sell a few times on Souq.com recently. The first question I get from buyers is 'what is your last price' (when it is set with no reserve), whereas an auction it should be the buyers asking themselves what is the highest price they would go to. Fair enough to offer a lower price when it has been listed for a while with no bids but as soon as the auction starts?

Have also had a number of bidders who did not follow through with their purchase. Seems to happen with the higher value items (furniture, electronics) but not the cheaper stuff like DVDs.

On the other hand I sold my car on Dubizzle. Had to pull the ad after 3 hours because the response was so good. Ended up selling to the first responder who viewed my car straight after work that evening and agreed to wait until my new car was ready a week later.
I sold my oven on there in about 2 days, had loads of people after it.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Selling used items in the MidEast , the thought scares me when one considers how the region is famous for back and forth bargaining.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:24 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
I sold my oven on there in about 2 days, had loads of people after it.
fingers crossed the same happens with my car
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:12 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
Found this- you can now but all sorts of crap here- woohoo!

http://www.souq.com/home.php

Whats the most random thing you have bought from ebay?
elvis is dead, man on the moon, etc etc
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:13 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jebelaligardener View Post

it is painful selling anything on souq in my experience.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
fingers crossed the same happens with my car
Post back how your results are - I want to sell mine too.

(Land Rover LR3 for anyone shopping for that.)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.