Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Michael Moore on the latest US gun massacre

Michael Moore on the latest US gun massacre

Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Moore on the latest US gun massacre

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
The church of England, Killed many for centuries. I DO NOT want to criticize England on this site. I support the death penalty yet am not a christian nor any other sect or cult. P.S. Attendance has been falling for decades in most of the US.

We aren't talking about the CoE and the UK does not have the death penalty. That has no relevance to the current situation in the US.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:42 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
By the same logic, why is the US so concerned about what happens in the rest of the world? You so often want it both ways...

http://i50.tinypic.com/2prv3uc.jpg
You are confusing this individual with Washington D.C.. I am no more the US congress than you are the parliment. Mam.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

The church of England, Killed many for centuries. I DO NOT want to criticize England on this site. I support the death penalty yet am not a christian nor any other sect or cult. P.S. Attendance has been falling for decades in most of the US.
Attendance for what? - Gun Clubs?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You are confusing this individual with Washington D.C.. I am no more the US congress than you are the parliment. Mam.
But it's your country and you are defending it.

I'm not arguing, I'm discussing, but that film is very funny.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:48 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Correlation does not imply causation.

It'd be interesting to know what the guns per capita is - the population has grown considerably in that period of time. Is the rate at which guns go out of use/circulation higher or lower than the rate of births/deaths/immigration?

You don't need to pardon capitals for Jack, he loves them, more the merrier.
I did not mean to imply that greater gun ownership equaled less crime. I was pointing out that greater gun ownership did not cause greater violent crime. PS Per capita crime has obviously dropped. No one will ever know how many guns are in America.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Not when we mean causation we don't.

Different things have different names shocker!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

i am surprised as to how 'Number One' can raise several generations of 'Semi-Literates!' - Or was that the big plan all along? - Dumb Down the Population?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Meow
We aren't talking about the CoE and the UK does not have the death penalty. That has no relevance to the current situation in the US.
England never had the death penalty? I must be confused.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Not when we mean causation we don't.

Different things have different names shocker!
No! That was just an 'Americanism' that your reinvented! - Causation for Cause, Acclimate for Acclimatise . . .
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:53 am

Good night all, it"s 3 am and i need to rise 5 hours. Have a pleasant day and thanks for the stimulating conversation
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes we had the Death Penalty, and it was used until 1964! - It was done quickly and quietly! - Not boiling someone's brains for 30 Minutes, in front of a Public Audience!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Yes we had the Death Penalty, and it was used until 1964! - It was done quickly and quietly! - Not boiling someone's brains for 30 Minutes!

Very inefficient.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Good night all, it"s 3 am and i need to rise 5 hours. Have a pleasant day and thanks for the stimulating conversation
Don't let us detain you further!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:59 am
Bored liberal

This is vaguely interesting UNODC (United Nations office on Drugs and Crime) survey

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...hip-world-list

How on earth does England and Wales have 3.4m guns in civilian hands?

Anyway, percentage of gun related homicides in England and Wales = 6%.
Percentage of gun related homicides in US = 60% (with a shocking
270 million guns in civilian hands)

The stats from that survey and both shocking and profoundly depressing.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:00 am
Bored liberal

You might want to read posts properly and pay attention to tenses. I said that the UK does not have the death penalty - that's current tense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.