British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Michael McIntyre show... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/michael-mcintyre-show-924504/)

TGFKASE Apr 28th 2019 6:25 am

Michael McIntyre show...

Was it just me or did anyone else get the impression that all he did was regurgitate his old material?

Granted, EXPO 2020 got a mention, and Dubai taxi drivers, but the rest (over 90%) was stuff hes been doing for years..

Digs at Dubai expats seem to be on the rise, as both he and Al Murray couldnt help but suggest we are all money grabbing folk living the high life.

Was not impressed, and glad I only paid 100dhs each for the tickets..

UKCityGent Apr 28th 2019 8:43 am

Re: Michael McIntyre show...

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 12676646)
..we are all money grabbing folk .....

Well we didn't come to the sandpit for the architecture, fair and equal treatment etc

I doubt anyone would take a pay cut to come the region in order to lead a higher quality of life

Im sure that many people will succumb to the "keep up with the jones (or Alis')' and live beyond their means too

Perhaps i am too cynical ?

hnd Apr 28th 2019 9:12 am

Digs at Dubai expats seem to be on the rise, as both he and Al Murray couldnt help but suggest we are all money grabbing folk living the high life...

Haven’t seen the show but ... if the above is true, they’re obviously quite happy to follow in the footsteps of all those “money grabbing folk” and do a bit of money grabbing themselves. What does that make them?

Millhouse Apr 28th 2019 9:31 am

Was it just me or did anyone else get the impression that all he did was regurgitate his old material?

Granted, EXPO 2020 got a mention, and Dubai taxi drivers, but the rest (over 90%) was stuff hes been doing for years..

Digs at Dubai expats seem to be on the rise, as both he and Al Murray couldnt help but suggest we are all money grabbing folk living the high life.

Was not impressed, and glad I only paid 100dhs each for the tickets..

I find a lot of stand up comedians do this - at least Eddie Lizzard was transparent about it and named his tour "the same old shit tour"

TheShed Apr 29th 2019 3:03 am

We went to the Laughter factory on Friday and that was awesome. Lesser known comics but fresh and brutal humour. Don’t ever go if you’re easily offended!

TGFKASE Apr 29th 2019 5:36 am

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 12676682)

Haven’t seen the show but ... if the above is true, they’re obviously quite happy to follow in the footsteps of all those “money grabbing folk” and do a bit of money grabbing themselves. What does that make them?

At least Al Murray had the balls to admit that the reason he cancelled his original show timing was coz he had a better offer to go elsewhere..

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 29th 2019 1:45 pm

Shame to hear that about McIntyre but imagine it was still quite funny?

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12676929)
We went to the Laughter factory on Friday and that was awesome. Lesser known comics but fresh and brutal humour. Don’t ever go if you’re easily offended!

Absolutely this. Only been to one and it was side-splittingly funny. The last guy on stage was brutal and had me in tears. Definitely not for the faint hearted though.