British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Michael Jackson (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/michael-jackson-610386/)

lionheart May 21st 2009 5:44 am

Michael Jackson

Just imagine having paid a small fortune for a ticket to see MJ perform in London on 12th July 2009 only to be told that the concert has now been rescheduled for...3rd March 2010...but the same tickets apply. I would be furious, wouldn't you?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090520/...s-ea4616c.html

MataHari May 21st 2009 5:45 am

Re: Michael Jackson

I can't even begin to imagine....

Blue Cat May 21st 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7591127)
Just imagine having paid a small fortune for a ticket to see MJ perform in London on 12th July 2009 only to be told that the concert has now been rescheduled for...3rd March 2010...but the same tickets apply. I would be furious, wouldn't you?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090520/...s-ea4616c.html

well I would be if I was travelling from outside the UK, but those resident in the UK won't be too bothered I would think :)

lionheart May 21st 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7591130)
I can't even begin to imagine....

I knew you would be absolutely devastated too...

commander May 21st 2009 6:16 am

its a thriller...something got me started...

who would go and see that freak anyway??

Blue Cat May 21st 2009 6:25 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7591169)
its a thriller...something got me started...

who would go and see that freak anyway??

don't be 'bad' ...

Emerald_Eyes May 21st 2009 6:28 am

I'd go and see him perform - it's pretty historical. I wouldn't be gutted if it was delayed, although I bet there are a lot of crazy fans that have booked flights, hotels and holidays that are angry. I know someone who flew from Dubai to Dublin to watch Prince perform and he ended up cancelling the show at the last minute - I can't believe she's still a fan, especially of that vile little gnome...

MataHari May 21st 2009 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7591186)
I'd go and see him perform - it's pretty historical. I wouldn't be gutted if it was delayed, although I bet there are a lot of crazy fans that have booked flights, hotels and holidays that are angry. I know someone who flew from Dubai to Dublin to watch Prince perform and he ended up cancelling the show at the last minute - I can't believe she's still a fan, especially of that vile little gnome...

Prince concerts are very good...I've been to a few, he's a great performer...

Morecambe Mindy May 21st 2009 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7591186)

Ooh maybe you can send that suggestion to him next time he is renaming himself. :eek:

Emerald_Eyes May 21st 2009 6:46 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7591195)
Prince concerts are very good...I've been to a few, he's a great performer...

Yeah I saw him at the O2 a year ago - and he is a phenomenal musician - I just don't understand the attraction though. To me he is one of the most unattractive men around.

MataHari May 21st 2009 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7591224)
Yeah I saw him at the O2 a year ago - and he is a phenomenal musician - I just don't understand the attraction though. To me he is one of the most unattractive men around.

I don't find him attractive either, that's not what matters, what matter is his music I'd say...

Emerald_Eyes May 21st 2009 6:55 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7591233)
I don't find him attractive either, that's not what matters, what matter is his music I'd say...

My friend thinks he is the most sexy, gorgeous man alive - eurgh can you imagine?

Blue Cat May 21st 2009 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7591242)
My friend thinks he is the most sexy, gorgeous man alive - eurgh can you imagine?

EE she needs help, quickly :eek:

Smoochy Girl May 22nd 2009 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7591242)

Your friend needs to have some lasik treatment asap methinks :rofl:

Confucius May 22nd 2009 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 7591224)

Oh he's sexy...I would shag him with my eyes closed...