Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Metro still moving on.....

Metro still moving on.....

Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of
Default Metro still moving on.....

http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/ar...en-in-october/
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:37 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Metro still moving on.....

yeah, 5th October is allegedly The Date... not that I'm hanging around, banging on the doors of the JLT station to open, but almost!

It was in the papers last week.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
yeah, 5th October is allegedly The Date... not that I'm hanging around, banging on the doors of the JLT station to open, but almost!

It was in the papers last week.
Ah, right. I don't EVER read newspapers (here OR in the UK) as they never seem to have any good news in them! Last reference I saw on here said (I think) all further stations were being mothballed.....
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:29 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Ah, right. I don't EVER read newspapers (here OR in the UK) as they never seem to have any good news in them! Last reference I saw on here said (I think) all further stations were being mothballed.....
yup, and then out of the blue, it was the 5th October... but the newspaper I saw it in (can't remember which one) stated "at some time in the middle of October", which is probably more credible... stretching "credible" to the limit of its definition, of course!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
yup, and then out of the blue, it was the 5th October... but the newspaper I saw it in (can't remember which one) stated "at some time in the middle of October", which is probably more credible... stretching "credible" to the limit of its definition, of course!
Come on, we all know you have been praying for JLT to open and your prayers have just been answered. Be thankful... while you are on a roll, some rain wouldn't go a miss - my grass is looking brown and I'm worried about the DEWA bill. I'd be grateful if you could say a word to the big fella for me.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Come on, we all know you have been praying for JLT to open and your prayers have just been answered. Be thankful... while you are on a roll, some rain wouldn't go a miss - my grass is looking brown and I'm worried about the DEWA bill. I'd be grateful if you could say a word to the big fella for me.
The DEWA bill will be a minimum of 5,000 AED.

Sorry.

That's what you get for moving to the Ranches.

Had a director who lived at the Ranches who said it would be cheaper for him to fly to the tropics one weekend a month than to try to keep his garden green.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
The DEWA bill will be a minimum of 5,000 AED.

Sorry.

That's what you get for moving to the Ranches.

Had a director who lived at the Ranches who said it would be cheaper for him to fly to the tropics one weekend a month than to try to keep his garden green.
I'm expecting this one to be painful but he must have been watering a football pitch. If it's that high, I'll let the grass die and just replace it before I leave (or let the landlord claim it from my security deposit).
Old Sep 26th 2010, 11:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm expecting this one to be painful but he must have been watering a football pitch. If it's that high, I'll let the grass die and just replace it before I leave (or let the landlord claim it from my security deposit).
AED 5,000 is ludicrous. You'd have to have a massive garden to get a bill that high. Suggest you put in a borehole, which costs no more than AED 2,000 including a decent pump.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 11:30 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

It still happened to quite a few people in the Ranches last summer. Remember the whole episode of the massive water bills happening even to people away for the entire summer?

Based on anecdotal experience water bills for villas in New Dubai are much more unpredictable (and higher) than in the older Dubai areas including Jumeira and Umm Suqeim.

Oh - boreholes are not allowed at the Ranches. Too far from the sea.

Originally Posted by Meow
AED 5,000 is ludicrous. You'd have to have a massive garden to get a bill that high. Suggest you put in a borehole, which costs no more than AED 2,000 including a decent pump.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

The random topic switches never fail to amuse me

Opening of 5 Metro stops ----> watering your garden
Old Sep 26th 2010, 12:39 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
The random topic switches never fail to amuse me

Opening of 5 Metro stops ----> watering your garden
What sort of switches? Electrical or sexual?
Old Sep 26th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roadking
What sort of switches? Electrical or sexual?
Whatever fits the occasion.......
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:29 pm
ex-expat

yeah, I'll add your request to the bottom of my list - I'm afraid "World Domination" has moved up to first, now that the JLT metro station is opening...
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It still happened to quite a few people in the Ranches last summer. Remember the whole episode of the massive water bills happening even to people away for the entire summer?

Based on anecdotal experience water bills for villas in New Dubai are much more unpredictable (and higher) than in the older Dubai areas including Jumeira and Umm Suqeim.

Oh - boreholes are not allowed at the Ranches. Too far from the sea.
I doubt it has anythng to do with distance from the sea, as that just means you have to drill a bit deeper. There are also loads of people with boreholes in Mirdiff and that's at least as far inland.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I doubt it has anythng to do with distance from the sea, as that just means you have to drill a bit deeper. There are also loads of people with boreholes in Mirdiff and that's at least as far inland.
looked into for J and apparently it is a no no at the Ranches, not sure if it is the distance or not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.