Metro Problems

Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:35 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Metro Problems

According to a well known Facebook contributor, one of the Metro trains broke down yesterday, causing people to get trapped in the doors when they were told to leave the train. Hopefully nobody was seriously injured. The poster said that; "...the announcement on the train was to exit at MOE as there is a problem. However the people waiting at MOE were unaware of the problem so they tried to get on as everyone was getting off. Someone then had a great idea of closing the doors. My friend & others shoes came off and some people got hit by the doors. Its not really RTA's fault, it's the station management...". My initial response was that it's never RTA's fault.

Last edited by lionheart; Nov 17th 2010 at 4:37 am.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Metro Problems

I've filed this thread under 'Dead Donkey'
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Metro Problems

Originally Posted by lionheart
According to a well known Facebook contributor, one of the Metro trains broke down yesterday, causing people to get trapped in the doors when they were told to leave the train. Hopefully nobody was seriously injured. The poster said that; "...the announcement on the train was to exit at MOE as there is a problem. However the people waiting at MOE were unaware of the problem so they tried to get on as everyone was getting off. Someone then had a great idea of closing the doors. My friend & others shoes came off and some people got hit by the doors. Its not really RTA's fault, it's the station management...". My initial response was that it's never RTA's fault.
Yes there was something going on! I went to the pub in Media Rotana for a few drinks and something to eat. After a taxi driver refused to take me back to the Gardens, the b.....d, I decided to walk to the Internet City metro station. After the long walk inside the station to the "trains" I was told there was only one train running back and forward to IBN Battuta station and it had just left. I then decided to cross to the North side of SZR to try and get a taxi which took about 20 minutes as none would stop, even though vacant!!