British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Merry Christmas DEWA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/merry-christmas-dewa-698063/)

kittycat1 Dec 24th 2010 11:04 am

Merry Christmas DEWA

Bastards cut me off last night and have spent all foo king day trying to sort it out! Do they know its christmas time at all?

Everything in the fridge/freezer is ruined- apart from the booze. Waste of a day- thank you DEWA sticks two fingers up at them!

lionheart Dec 24th 2010 11:31 am

Re: Merry Christmas DEWA

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9059140)
Bastards cut me off last night and have spent all foo king day trying to sort it out! Do they know its christmas time at all?
Everything in the fridge/freezer is ruined- apart from the booze. Waste of a day- thank you DEWA sticks two fingers up at them!

Did you remember to pay your bill? It does help. Merry Xmas!

busybee2 Dec 24th 2010 12:28 pm

do u have contents insurance, as you can claim for that.

lionheart Dec 24th 2010 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 9059210)
do u have contents insurance, as you can claim for that.

Are you serious? Is it really worth going through all those procedures just to claim a hundred quid's worth of food? They will want a letter from DEWA, receipts for the food and then apply a mammoth policy deductible. Almost as futile as trying to claim for missing baggage on your Travel Insurance policy.:thumbdown:

Blue Cat Dec 24th 2010 12:56 pm

and their excuse for cutting you off was?

busybee2 Dec 24th 2010 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9059219)
Are you serious? Is it really worth going through all those procedures just to claim a hundred quid's worth of food? They will want a letter from DEWA, receipts for the food and then apply a mammoth policy deductible. Almost as futile as trying to claim for missing baggage on your Travel Insurance policy.:thumbdown:

well just thought i would put it out there, doesnt mean that you have to do it.:p

kittycat1 Dec 24th 2010 6:58 pm

this is the ongoing saga of my bill- which a neighbour was paying- so I STILL havent had a bill for 16 months( I have been asking for a bill for the last 12 months)- spent 2 hours in dewa head office 3 weeks ago and thought it was all sorted- apparently not! anyway got power back now so hoorah!

Blue Cat Dec 25th 2010 4:21 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9059560)
this is the ongoing saga of my bill- which a neighbour was paying- so I STILL havent had a bill for 16 months( I have been asking for a bill for the last 12 months)- spent 2 hours in dewa head office 3 weeks ago and thought it was all sorted- apparently not! anyway got power back now so hoorah!

they are beyond useless, write to 7days :thumbup: