British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Meow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/meow-515313/)

The Dean Feb 18th 2008 5:36 pm

Meow

Sweetness and light, and all things bright.......

I have been reading and re-reading the Friends Provident (etc) thread - and you must have provided several thousand pounds-worth of free advice in there, irrespective of the way you are normally remunerated.

Not something that affects me personally - I'm not a poster in that thread - but I reckon the least those Bored members who have received your pearls of wisdom can do is take you out for the finest champagne brunch that Dubai can offer, as and when it is convenient (to you, that is....).

I now appoint myself as The Bored's Collective Conscience - I shall not rest easy until Meow has been given the reward her contributions deserve.

All those in favour, say 'aye'......... :)

Confucius Feb 18th 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Meow

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5949843)
Sweetness and light, and all things bright.......

I have been reading and re-reading the Friends Provident (etc) thread - and you must have provided several thousand pounds-worth of free advice in there, irrespective of the way you are normally remunerated.

Not something that affects me personally - I'm not a poster in that thread - but I reckon the least those Bored members who have received your pearls of wisdom can do is take you out for the finest champagne brunch that Dubai can offer, as and when it is convenient (to you, that is....).

I now appoint myself as The Bored's Collective Conscience - I shall not rest easy until Meow has been given the reward her contributions deserve.

Will you stick that bottle in your mouth and shut up???

The Dean Feb 18th 2008 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5949900)
Will you stick that bottle in your mouth and shut up???

OK..... so that's:

Ayes 0, Noes 1

Confucius Feb 18th 2008 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5949923)
OK..... so that's:

Ayes 0, Noes 1

Thank you...

Madam Medusa Feb 19th 2008 3:23 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5949843)

ahh...just think of it as being offset against the free advertising and potential commission...

MM, xx

MataHari Feb 19th 2008 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5951911)
ahh...just think of it as being offset against the free advertising and potential commission...

MM, xx

and how nice of The Dean to start a thread to make her business boom even more...

Blue Cat Feb 19th 2008 4:30 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5952044)
and how nice of The Dean to start a thread to make her business boom even more...

in fairness she has given out alot of free advice to people, she doesn't have to and could spent time with her fee paying clients. I would imagine she doesn't get that much business out of this :(

Meow Feb 19th 2008 5:39 am

I am highly amused by this! :D

Thanks to The Dean. Shame about the bitterness from others!

If only I did make money from this board....

Amazing Grace Feb 19th 2008 6:32 am

Mine is a YEAH, cheers Meow:wub:

shakh your bootie Feb 19th 2008 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5952099)
in fairness she has given out alot of free advice to people, she doesn't have to and could spent time with her fee paying clients. I would imagine she doesn't get that much business out of this :(

Have to agree, there - she does always respond to questions and puts a lot of detail in her answers...

I'd take her out for a champagne brunch.....

Blue Cat Feb 19th 2008 11:10 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5953366)
Have to agree, there - she does always respond to questions and puts a lot of detail in her answers...

I'd take her out for a champagne brunch.....

I am sure she will accept that lovely offer, only if you take me too :p

Meow Feb 19th 2008 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5953393)
I am sure she will accept that lovely offer, only if you take me too :p

Naturally, I'd want a chaperone! :rofl::rofl:

shakh your bootie Feb 19th 2008 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5953410)

Ah. My cunning plan has been rumbled....

Blue Cat Feb 19th 2008 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5953410)

of course, and seeing as Mr Bootie is very handsome I would be honoured to attend ;)

Meow Feb 19th 2008 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5953429)
of course, and seeing as Mr Bootie is very handsome I would be honoured to attend ;)

Or maybe he needs the chaperone? ;):D