British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Men's hairdresser capable of cutting to style recommendations please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mens-hairdresser-capable-cutting-style-recommendations-please-746738/)

auzdafluff Jan 30th 2012 8:34 am

Men's hairdresser capable of cutting to style recommendations please

Can anyone recommend a men's hairdresser in the Marina area. My hair is a good 17cm long and as much as I've had fun with it being long, it's time for it to be cut.

I have a few shorter (but not short) styles in mind, but I have a phobia about people screwing my hair up. Does anyone have any recommendations for a men's hairdresser (or maybe even woman's hairdresser who would be willing to cut a man's hair) who is capable of cutting hair to style well.

I don't mind the cost. I'm more than happy to pay a couple of hundred Ds to make sure it doesn't get screwed up.

Sandboy Jan 30th 2012 9:21 am

Re: Men's hairdresser capable of cutting to style recommendations please

http://images.zaazu.com/img/Gay-guy-...0803-large.gif

Norm_uk Jan 30th 2012 9:46 am

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 9873179)
Can anyone recommend a men's hairdresser in the Marina area. My hair is a good 17cm long and as much as I've had fun with it being long, it's time for it to be cut.

I have a few shorter (but not short) styles in mind, but I have a phobia about people screwing my hair up. Does anyone have any recommendations for a men's hairdresser (or maybe even woman's hairdresser who would be willing to cut a man's hair) who is capable of cutting hair to style well.

I don't mind the cost. I'm more than happy to pay a couple of hundred Ds to make sure it doesn't get screwed up.

I used to have very long hair and know a good barber in Jumeirah who can probably help. If you'd his details I'd be happy to pass them onto you over the PM (Don't want to put out business or personal details over the forums).

N.

Blue Cat Jan 30th 2012 10:22 am

my husband uses the barber at Park n Shop in Jumeirah, he has gone there for years, but he has short hair

lanarkwitch Jan 31st 2012 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9873241)

:rofl:

commander Feb 2nd 2012 2:34 pm

How exceedingly gay. Get a skinhead and a wee massage from Dileep in Al Khan Sharjah for 10AED.

I tip him an extra 5aed cause he gives extra's on a Thursday.

commander Feb 2nd 2012 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9873328)
my husband uses the barber at Park n Shop in Jumeirah, he has gone there for years, but he has short hair

Surely Juan the man does men? Well obviously he does men, but I mean cut hair..

shiva Feb 3rd 2012 2:49 am

If you're a bloke and payi g more than 25aed for a haircut here you're either Lebanese or you have a problem

kittycat1 Feb 3rd 2012 3:58 am

I have a bowl and scissors...

auzdafluff Feb 3rd 2012 4:48 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 9881388)
If you're a bloke and payi g more than 25aed for a haircut here you're either Lebanese or you have a problem

Haha. It's the latter. I have a phobia of people who I don't trust cutting my hair. I've had some truly atrocious haircuts in the past. :rofl:

Anyway, the deed is done.

Blue Cat Feb 3rd 2012 6:46 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9880272)
Surely Juan the man does men? Well obviously he does men, but I mean cut hair..

he is actually married with 5 kids and only has a license to cut womens ;)

commander Feb 3rd 2012 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9881550)
he is actually married with 5 kids and only has a license to cut womens ;)

And blue rinse expat granny's for an overpriced fee no doubt.

Norm_uk Feb 5th 2012 5:11 pm

25 including tip...just on the border of being Lebanese and having a problem (technically the same thing).

N.

Boomhauer Feb 5th 2012 9:32 pm

I was waiting for someone to mention the Lebanese, we are afterall talking hair :thumbsup:

shiva Feb 6th 2012 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9885211)
25 including tip...just on the border of being Lebanese and having a problem (technically the same thing).

N.

Yup I get charged white face price at the local place but on the plus side I never have to wait or que