British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Mens Haircut - Dubai Marina (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mens-haircut-dubai-marina-612172/)

Zico2009 May 31st 2009 9:11 am

Mens Haircut - Dubai Marina

People,

Hello to you all, I am new in Dubai (from London) and have been to the same haridresser for the past 15 years. Im now in need of a desperate haircut but have no idea who is good. I have seen Franck Provst in Marina, again dont know what they are like.

Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated. I generally like to keep my hair short and messy, cut into not straight with scissors.

Please help me....:eek:

commander May 31st 2009 9:14 am

Re: Mens Haircut - Dubai Marina

Originally Posted by Zico2009 (Post 7619721)
People,

Hello to you all, I am new in Dubai (from London) and have been to the same haridresser for the past 15 years. Im now in need of a desperate haircut but have no idea who is good. I have seen Franck Provst in Marina, again dont know what they are like.

Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated. I generally like to keep my hair short and messy, cut into not straight with scissors.

Please help me....:eek:

you are a girl yea?

Zico2009 May 31st 2009 9:40 am

No mate - a guy

**Hairdresser = barber**

Spugsy May 31st 2009 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Zico2009 (Post 7619765)
No mate - a guy

**Hairdresser = barber**

get a skinhead mate.

TGFKASE May 31st 2009 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7619776)
get a skinhead mate.

Aye, Ill be setting the trimmer on 1 this week and keeping it that short till October...

To the OP, suggest you try here

commander May 31st 2009 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Zico2009 (Post 7619765)
No mate - a guy

**Hairdresser = barber**

ahh, listen only gay men and dare i say it lebo's visit *hairdressers*

take the geordie and sheepshaggers advice..visit your local indian chap and get him to remove all hair for 10Dirhams. He will give you a lovely head massage also. And remove the hairs from your nose and ears..

and Zico, if you ask him nicely he'll give you a brazillian...

Zico2009 May 31st 2009 10:03 am

Interesting advice - Thanks.

I would get a skinhead if not for my stupid head shape! I wouldnt want to look like Rooney....

Commander thanks I'll try Franck Provst and erm..where can I find these local lesbos?

commander May 31st 2009 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Zico2009 (Post 7619815)

I would get a skinhead if not for my stupid head shape! I wouldnt want to look like Rooney....

Commander thanks I'll try Franck Provst and erm..where can I find these local lesbos?

you will find them near the spinneys in the springs/meadows. Orange T-shirts.

Next to Shakespears...actually they are quite good. Around 60dirhams i think.

diablo May 31st 2009 4:02 pm

you have a few on the JBR Walk including the one with 'orange' guys in the Al Fattan towers (two buildings across Oasis Beach hotel - that building which is being demolished). You can also get waxed, manicured, pedicured and any other things you want.

MacScot May 31st 2009 4:18 pm

There is a very good Iranian-run mens hairdresser/barber on Marsa Walk (i.e., the dual cariageway road between Dubai Marina towers and those of the JBR.

The place is called "Caractere" (04 4370 160 ask for Hassan...though all the staff are all well trained) and it is located at the back of Amwaj building (towards the marina). Open form 10 am til 10 pm.

deemi786 May 31st 2009 4:54 pm

try , Ibn Battuta mall, take the GEANT car park and as you enter its on the right.

Also there is a hairdressers in Dubai Internet City, below the siemens building.

Both are ok, priced at 60 AED.

diablo May 31st 2009 6:12 pm

... by the way, why are you looking for 'local lesbos'?

Zico2009 Jun 1st 2009 4:08 am

t'was a joke.

Thanks for the advice, but one more thing, does anyone know if these recommended barbers are used to cutting European styles? Or is it a straight "short back and sides"?

commander Jun 1st 2009 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Zico2009 (Post 7621828)
t'was a joke.

Thanks for the advice, but one more thing, does anyone know if these recommended barbers are used to cutting European styles? Or is it a straight "short back and sides"?

man up ffs....go to expat woman for such womanistical requests..

Spugsy Jun 1st 2009 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7623123)
man up ffs....go to expat woman for such womanistical requests..

heh, what a huckle.