British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Men who BBQ and ladies who are just wise (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/men-who-bbq-ladies-who-just-wise-826179/)

Tockalosh Feb 22nd 2014 11:03 am

Men who BBQ and ladies who are just wise

Dubai ladies and gents
I doubt many if any of you will have any interest in one of these but suspect one or more may have seen one whilst on your shopping travels

I am looking for a non stick metal burger press that will make adjustable thickness burgers. Happy for it to be a gucci one and not cheap cheap as it's a boys toy

I know they will be here somewhere but google hasn't got me anywhere and there are just too many malls and shops to wander around

Any help gladly received

Meow Feb 22nd 2014 11:05 am

Re: Men who BBQ and ladies who are just wise

You should find one in either Lakeland or Tavola. Both have branches in MoE, as well as other places.

Tockalosh Feb 22nd 2014 11:13 am

Excellent thank you

A lady who knows

Millhouse Feb 24th 2014 4:01 am

you should be ashamed of yourself.

Tockalosh Feb 24th 2014 4:19 am

I reserve that for when I have wee'd the bed or sofa after too much beer

After the third or fourth time though it doesnt seem to matter too much

By the way, whilst you are on, is there any 4x4 intro sessions coming up in the near future ? I have the inlaws over and fancy taking the truck out. Shame on me but all its done is cut across the sand at the entrance to Umm Sequim road and its time it saw some real sand

Millhouse Feb 24th 2014 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Tockalosh (Post 11144970)
I reserve that for when I have wee'd the bed or sofa after too much beer

After the third or fourth time though it doesnt seem to matter too much

By the way, whilst you are on, is there any 4x4 intro sessions coming up in the near future ? I have the inlaws over and fancy taking the truck out. Shame on me but all its done is cut across the sand at the entrance to Umm Sequim road and its time it saw some real sand

I can try and get one arranged in Dubai. There is one in Abu Dhabi this weekend but that's too far. when are your dates?

Tockalosh Feb 24th 2014 12:00 pm

I will be available this weekend coming and the weekend after

Then sadly off the good ole US of A and the old folks will be gone back to the UK

Millhouse Feb 24th 2014 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Tockalosh (Post 11145398)
I will be available this weekend coming and the weekend after

Then sadly off the good ole US of A and the old folks will be gone back to the UK

There is a first-timer trip in Al-Khatim this weekend - bit of a trek from Dubai but its in the afternoon.

I can ask about next weekend in Dubai, but I think it'll be an early start.

Tockalosh Feb 24th 2014 2:17 pm

Thanks MH, much appreciated.

Blue Cat Feb 25th 2014 10:50 am

there is a shop in Al Quoz who supply to the hospitality trade, they are called Al Diyafa Hospitality, bit daft when Diyafa means hospitality. Anyway they might have one. I was in Tavola yesterday and I don't recall seeing one.

Tockalosh Feb 25th 2014 11:56 am

Thanks BC,

will give it a shot when back this weekend.