Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Men touching themselves!

Men touching themselves!

Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:33 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men touching themselves!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you are so so wrong!! I constantly work and raise funds for the labourers, everyone here is aware of that. I have organised a rice drive in the last couple of months which HAS made a difference. www.helpinghandsuae.com
What gets me is why, in the 20th century, do I, as a private individual, have to supply E's, N's and their ilks labourers with basic supplies... We all fill the shoe box or whatever you do, but at the end of the day, shouldnt we be publicly pushing these big developers to ensure their labour workforce are receiving at least a minimum wage to be able to survive over here?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:35 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=TGFKASE;6938100]What gets me is why, in the 20th century, ]

Stuck in a moment and can't get out of it?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
What gets me is why, in the 20th century, do I, as a private individual, have to supply E's, N's and their ilks labourers with basic supplies... We all fill the shoe box or whatever you do, but at the end of the day, shouldnt we be publicly pushing these big developers to ensure their labour workforce are receiving at least a minimum wage to be able to survive over here?
I agree 100% but sadly the government turn a blind eye to this, and you can see why, if they have to pay more for the labour the building costs would escalate and their profit margins drop (well that's my take on it). Helping Hands are a peaceful organisation who often turn down offers of media coverage due to the sensitive nature of their work. I don't mind bunging in an extra bag of rice with my weekly shop, it is no skin of my nose and it really does make a difference to them. I am a bit of a soft touch though
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:38 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Eva;6938105]
Originally Posted by TGFKASE
What gets me is why, in the 20th century, ]

Stuck in a moment and can't get out of it?
I hark back to the Good Old Days, didnt have to lock my front door, everyone knew everyone else, etc etc etc...
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

www.helpinghandsuae.com - an aptly named charity when considering the original post!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
That's a terrible excuse. All people should be treated with dignity and respect regardless of how others view them.

I'm not a terribly ethical or moral person but I feel compelled to comment that on some basic level we are all made of the same stuff. We share similar hopes and dream, above all we all know how it feels to be accepted or hurt.

Just because a view is widely shared does not tip the balance of what is moral.
Hear, hear. Good post

Last edited by Alen1; Nov 4th 2008 at 7:55 am. Reason: crap spelling
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:55 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought this 'touching themselves' was really a cultural issue? For me it falls into same type of behaviour as - a man walking with hands in hands with other man; spitting around, luck of any discretion; staring; inability to form a que etc.

I don't think they are aware of any wrongdoing ... plus we are far more agressive when labourers are looking at our wives than likes of Brad Pitt, George Clooney etc. Perhaps we are abit racial, perhaps they dont have wives here so we can't see theirs don't know but trying t understand.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I agree 100% but sadly the government turn a blind eye to this, and you can see why, if they have to pay more for the labour the building costs would escalate and their profit margins drop (well that's my take on it). Helping Hands are a peaceful organisation who often turn down offers of media coverage due to the sensitive nature of their work. I don't mind bunging in an extra bag of rice with my weekly shop, it is no skin of my nose and it really does make a difference to them. I am a bit of a soft touch though
the fact the members of the government are also the owners of the main property companies could be the reason why nothing has been done.

reminds me of the quote in the paper when there was that big accident on SZR earlier this year. Arab woman siad " there were people and labourers all over the road"

btw the living conditions for labourers and the "not in my back yard reaction" to housing them is also an issue here in Singapore.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
the fact the members of the government are also the owners of the main property companies could be the reason why nothing has been done.

reminds me of the quote in the paper when there was that big accident on SZR earlier this year. Arab woman siad " there were people and labourers all over the road"

btw the living conditions for labourers and the "not in my back yard reaction" to housing them is also an issue here in Singapore.
Very sad isn't it. The government owned ones in all fairness do appear to take care of their labourers. It is the small arab owned ones that just decide not to pay their staff and then helping hands steps in and at least feeds them.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:59 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Very sad isn't it. The government owned ones in all fairness do appear to take care of their labourers. It is the small arab owned ones that just decide not to pay their staff and then helping hands steps in and at least feeds them.
And you should also give'em a helping hand! It's really no fair that they have to touch their bananas themselves (I don't think they haven't touch a poonani in a looooong time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZvhuuFuNI).

Out of the joke, I bought some books last time, and it's a great initiative, but the selection can (should) be improved, and not for my joy, but for you to work less and total more at the end.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
And you should also give'em a helping hand! It's really no fair that they have to touch their bananas themselves (I don't think they haven't touch a poonani in a looooong time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZvhuuFuNI).

Out of the joke, I bought some books last time, and it's a great initiative, but the selection can (should) be improved, and not for my joy, but for you to work less and total more at the end.

It takes me three months to get the donations in, if people don't donate then I don't get the volume or quality. We made 17,000 dhs at the last sale which personally I think is pretty good considering the most expensive book was 10 dhs! DVD's sell really really well but we very rarely get alot donated.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:40 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

you are so so wrong!! I constantly work and raise funds for the labourers, everyone here is aware of that. I have organised a rice drive in the last couple of months which HAS made a difference. www.helpinghandsuae.com
Its crotch rot ...its hot and sweaty and they dont get ideal washing facilities try sending them some rash cream over with food parcels ...
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:09 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Its crotch rot ...its hot and sweaty and they dont get ideal washing facilities try sending them some rash cream over with food parcels ...
seriously, it could be lice or some such.. if kids in blighty can get 'em, then a horde of blokes forced to live in close proximity would too.

Or crabs... remember Das Boot?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Driving me nuts (no pun intended). Living in construction HQ it is driving me mad seeing men fondling their poonani's all the time!!
LOL I didnt expect you to start this kind of a thread...... i thought it would be somebody else. Poonani's ????
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:56 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
LOL I didnt expect you to start this kind of a thread...... i thought it would be somebody else. Poonani's ????
BC was itching for it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.