Men are from Mars...

Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men are from Mars...

if men are from mars, women are from Uranus
Old Aug 24th 2008, 8:08 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Ahh yes, John Gray! The well renouned evolution psychologist...

...who has never actually conducted propper research and got his degree (In relationship counselling, not psychology) from a “University” closed by court order...

...but knows a lot about how the sexes interact...

...from the 10 years he spent as a Hindu monk...

I could go on but I'm sure you get my point .

It really is just “Pop psychology”. It's a very good example of how you can cover all the subtleties of a vast and complex topic like behavioral and evolutionary psychology with just a few sweeping generalities missing out the tedious, but necessary, detail to develop a full bottom up understanding of what motivates us all.

If you are interested in the subject I recommend “The Essential Difference: The Truth about the Male and Female Brain” by Simon Baron-Cohen and/or “Sex and Cognition” by Doreen Kimura (Listed in order of preference) written (Beautifully if I may say so myself) by people who are both amongst the foremost experts in their field .

If I'm harsh on John Gray it's only because he is an inept idiot of an author writing about something he obviously has a shallow understanding of (at best) , don't let his views alone poison yours because this field of research is rapidly advancing and fascinating when explored by experts .

Dont think Id take lessons from the guy who created Ali G!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2008, 8:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Men are from Mars...

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Dont think Id take lessons from the guy who created Ali G!!!!!!!!
Simon or Sacha? A relationship advice book by Ali G would be fantastic .

Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:21 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
and women are from Venus...
read the book on my holiday...confirms that men are just weird, illogical and selfish beings...
That book was written by a man...there must be some irony in your statement.

Anyone who has had anything resembling a relationship with any member of the opposite sex knows we think and respond differently. I wish I had cashed in on that and wrote a book with a catchy sci-fi title before that con artist (yes con artist with an online degree from a phony university) did then I'd be rich and inviting you all over to my Venusian shag pad so we can explore our "differences"

Now I will just have to write a book about embittered sexaholic men in the middle east

N.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:23 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
That book was written by a man...there must be some irony in your statement.

Anyone who has had anything resembling a relationship with any member of the opposite sex knows we think and respond differently. I wish I had cashed in on that and wrote a book with a catchy sci-fi title before that con artist (yes con artist with an online degree from a phony university) did then I'd be rich and inviting you all over to my Venusian shag pad so we can explore our "differences"

Now I will just have to write a book about embittered sexaholic men in the middle east

N.
Autobiographical, is it???
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:23 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol...I have to find myself a good woman...
Got a good email the other day with a quote that was something like "women will never be equal to men because they don't have supportive wives"...the email from a friend in the UK who just had a civil partnership with her long friend

N.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:04 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh yes, John Gray! The well renouned evolution psychologist...

...who has never actually conducted propper research and got his degree (In relationship counselling, not psychology) from a “University” closed by court order...

...but knows a lot about how the sexes interact...

...from the 10 years he spent as a Hindu monk...

I could go on but I'm sure you get my point .

It really is just “Pop psychology”. It's a very good example of how you can cover all the subtleties of a vast and complex topic like behavioral and evolutionary psychology with just a few sweeping generalities missing out the tedious, but necessary, detail to develop a full bottom up understanding of what motivates us all.

If you are interested in the subject I recommend “The Essential Difference: The Truth about the Male and Female Brain” by Simon Baron-Cohen and/or “Sex and Cognition” by Doreen Kimura (Listed in order of preference) written (Beautifully if I may say so myself) by people who are both amongst the foremost experts in their field .

If I'm harsh on John Gray it's only because he is an inept idiot of an author writing about something he obviously has a shallow understanding of (at best) , don't let his views alone poison yours because this field of research is rapidly advancing and fascinating when explored by experts .

Yeh cos he calls his sequent. novel: 'Mars & Venus in the Bedroom'

Surely with Mars leading that's more of a short story than a novel...............
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Me, I don't even understand myself.....

As for the rest of you, I'm far from convinced that you substantiate any corporeal existence.....
Do you need a lawyer?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:09 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Yeh cos he calls his sequent. novel: 'Mars & Venus in the Bedroom'

Surely with Mars leading that's more of a short story than a novel...............
Not to mention the geometric problems of fitting planets into a bedroom.

There is a cynical part of me saying that women should have sex with other women are reserve marriage and sex with men purely for practical purposes (Getting water to come out of the taps for instance ), wouldn't both sexes be much happier this way? Of course I'm sure they would have adopted this approach if it had any merit or if there was any truth in the complaint they keep voicing than men cannot satify them . So on most grounds I have to refute that argument based on the evidence.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention the geometric problems of fitting planets into a bedroom.

There is a cynical part of me saying that women should have sex with other women are reserve marriage and sex with men purely for practical purposes (Getting water to come out of the taps for instance ), wouldn't both sexes be much happier this way? Of course I'm sure they would have adopted this approach if it had any merit or if there was any truth in the complaint they keep voicing than men cannot satify them . So on most grounds I have to refute that argument based on the evidence.
Even I don't understand you...You're not even from Mars,probably...
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Confucius
Even I don't understand you...You're not even from Mars,probably...
prolly truez
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

prolly truez
Oh god, you're not also one of those SoCal Valley types are you???Dude???
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:15 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Angry Re: Men are from Mars...

Originally Posted by Confucius
Oh god, you're not also one of those SoCal Valley types are you???Dude???
Wow there, stand down. Let's not say things we can't take back!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow there, stand down. Let's not say things we can't take back!
Whassat???
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Charismatic;6722092] Not to mention the geometric problems of fitting planets into a bedroom

I have no problem getting Planet Earth to manouevre in my bedroom ........

There is a cynical part of me saying that women should have sex with other women are reserve marriage and sex with men purely for practical purposes (Getting water to come out of the taps for instance ), wouldn't both sexes be much happier this way?

What a drab metaphor...........I'm curious to know Charismatic-is your Avatar a personal statement of sorts?
Oh yeh, your theory- and while all the girls are rolling in the rugs what would you guys be doing? Each others cynical parts???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.